cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View my Usage start day

N/A

View my Usage start day

Has anyone else (on dialup) noticed a mysterious change in the view my usage start day. Mine has changed from Sunday to Saturday with no email warning and no overuse (according to the View my Usage and my own logger).

It has changed during the last 2 weeks (the last time I checked).
ALL the view my usage logs for the last 3 months have changed !!!

I have raised a ticket but as usual PlusNet deny all knowledge.

Is it just me?
27 REPLIES
N/A

View my Usage start day

Ditto! (was Mon to Sun, now Sun to Sat)

Rob
N/A

View my Usage start day

Would'nt worry about it too much,as far as I am concerned it has'nt worked properly since they decided we needed a new VMU,updates about once in 24hrs a far cry from the real time spoken of on the portal page,now I can't get "view the week in detail" to come up.I am so glad they supplied us with the new version,and the ammount of work going into getting it to work right.

Those that will invariably write in and say it's working well for them........ then I say to you; please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Oh bye the way my week changed a couple of months back;about when it stopped working as it they reckon it is supposed to.

Ian & Linda Jordan
Ianwild
Grafter

View my Usage start day

Hi Guys,

I do need aqnyone who has experianced this to raise it via Contact Us. If the response you get back is anything other than a valid explanation or a "We have raised this as a problem to our developers" then please let me know - If you fancy posting the ticket numbers that would also be helpful.

Cheers,

Ian
N/A

View my Usage start day

I do need aqnyone who has experianced this to raise it via Contact Us

OK - I've done that.
My start day switched, without notification, from Monday to Sunday in early June. (That was when I was concerned about overrunning my allowance & was busy producing a program to read an NFT log to look backwards over the past seven days to see if this was a real concern.)

Tim
N/A

View my Usage start day

Hi Ian

Mine changed the day the "new" sytem came online,so you can see that is going back a little while now,and it has not worked correctly for me since day 1.What makes it more annoying for me is that for the week prior to the "new" system comming online the old system was updating in real time for example if I was online for 10 minutes,the next time I logged on say half to an hour later the total used would have incremented 10 minutes.But now as I said in an earlier post 24 hrs is about the average update time now.The fact I cannot open the "view this week in detail" may be a problem at my end I don't know;I have posted a query in "customer feedback" newsgroup to see if anyone has any ideas.

But from my viewpoint the new VMU was a mistake on Plusnets part that despite many requests from customers to revert back to the old system,they seemed reluctant to do so.Which maybe understandable with quite a large percentage of customers now using broadband,and no mention of VMU in announcments etc one wonders if it is being allowed to die a death and Plusnet hopes no one will notice.

Ian & Linda Jordan
N/A

View my Usage start day

Ian

When or if you have a spare moment,and if it's still around have a look at ticket no 7439871 posted by myself at 18:00:57 on 07/07/2003,and have a quick look at the reply I recieved: a Long way from the claimed real time.

Thats what I meant when I said not much seems to be done to improve/fix the system

Ian & Linda Jordan
N/A

View my Usage start day

I do need aqnyone who has experianced this to raise it via Contact Us. If the response you get back is anything other than a valid explanation or a "We have raised this as a problem to our developers" then please let me know - If you fancy posting the ticket numbers that would also be helpful.

Ian

Have a look at ticket 7636517.

You can see the sort of response I get.

It's worse than smacking your head against a brick wall!

Nothing is being done about it as far as I can see, very poor show.
N/A

View my Usage start day

Cheers,

Ian [Wild, +Net]

Ian - re my post above (2nd in thread) have a look at Contact Us ticket 7639429.

Rob
N/A

My usage period has been manipulated also

29th July 2003: Usage Alert
You have overused your account's Fair Usage quota between 23rd July 2003 and 29th July 2003. Your usage week will now be counted from Wednesday 30th July 2003.

Yesterday, when I checked my usage, I had 7 hours left and a couple of days till my next period.

Today, I get an email informing me that I used over 20 hours, and my usage period now begins today (Wednesday) , what's even more interesting is that my VMU shows my usage period now began on Tuesday :?:

This happened to me on a number of occasions earlier this year, sadly my attempt to get an explanation for these mysterious usage period roll-backs was never forthcoming, I was basically told that the computer are "very accurate" therefore this cannot possibly happen. :?

I ended up being forced into moving to the standard tariff for a few month, or losing my connection, due to these selective usage start days. At least I'm not on my own here.

Despite my reluctance, I'll raise the issue and report back on the response I get. At the very least, the warning should be revoked.
N/A

Result

2003-07-31
11:21:21
Customer Support Centre
"Apologieses for this error, we have removed the warning. I have passed this issue on to our development team who will look into fixing the problem that has caused this issue."

Well done guys, when I had these problems earlier this year, I got the kind of response you reserve for people who claim to have been hi-jacked by Alien races.
At last the issue is now being recognised as a fault, (and I'm not being threatened with disconnection and treated like dodgy geezer) Wink

Nice one Support, keep it up Cheesy
N/A

View my Usage start day

Well you did much better than me, congratulations. All I got was:-

"Dear Customer,
If the start date changes again for no reason then let us know. At the moment we can not change your start day. "

LOL

Typical PlusNet response.

This is what I got the last time it happened as well. They do not want to get up off their arses and do anything about it.

What really gets me is that as they did not send me an email regarding a change of start day, if I do go over the limit because of it I get penalised for violating the T&C's.

You are expected to constantly monitor the rubbish View my Usage thing to see if your start day moves - or else!

They firmly believe there own systems are infallible and there is absolutly nothing an individual can say or do (even change ISP) to change that attitude.
N/A

View my Usage start day

You are expected to constantly monitor the rubbish View my Usage thing to see if your start day moves - or else!

Look on the bright side,the moveable start date is the only bit of it that works;unless of course 24hrs="the near real time" quoted on the portal.

Bye the way has anyone looked at those ticket numbers yet,it has gone strangly quiet on that subject.

Ian & Linda Jordan
Ianwild
Grafter

View my Usage start day

Yes...

I have organised a meeting tomorrow with the director in charge of portal development. I'm not promising I can do anything quickly here but it is clear that the system has some fundamental problems which we need to fix.

I will let you folks know as things pan out over the next couple of days.

Regards,
N/A

View my Usage start day

Thanks Ian

Ian & Linda Jordan