cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View My usage - more detail

crazed_puma

Does anyone else thik it would be useful to have more detail on "View My Usage" reporting, down to an hourly or even minute basis?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

VMU is based on info that BT supply to PlusNet I think and this cannot be issued any more frequently than every 2 hours (hence the note on the bottom on the VMU page stating info within the last 2 hours is not incuded).

Do you have a specific need to know what your usage is to the hour or minute. Even if it was produced, it would be still be 2 hours out anyway so how usful would it really be?

A good enough reason would add weight to your request.
crazed_puma

View detail usage - more detail

I run a small home WIFI PC Network and recently purchased one of PlusNets pay-by-use broadband packages. I pay more the more data transfer I carry out. There are several users. I am not particularly interested in up to minute detail, but would like to understand patterns of usage to enable me to:

• track if there are viruses or malware in the systems
  • identify intrusion on the Wifi component
  • identify the data download/upload implications of running certain types of applications such as radio, video streams, games, peer-to-peer, etc.

More detail would enable me to identify the cost implications of the above and to better manage this setup, protect it and protect others from its misuse.

If data storage costs are an issue then it could simply be hourly for a few weeks and perhaps at minute level for a few days.
N/A

The thing I think would be useful would be to have some kind of comparison between the previous months and the current month.

E.g. you average x GB a day, this month you are averaging x GB a day, you are using xxx% compared to previous months.
N/A

Indeed, it would be nice to view previous months usage !
cja
Grafter

2hrs notice is not right

VMU, at 35 mins past midnight I had usage for the current day, so the 2hrs notice is wrong.

The ticket I raised suggested that it should say "the last 2hrs usage may not be complete." which is subtely but an important difference.

Its a another example of PlusNet not getting it quite right which seems to be the theme of the last 6 months.

Chris