cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View My Usage

N/A

View My Usage

Hi,

I thought I would use View My Usage to keep track of my daily/weekly/monthly usage. Which is does, but it keeps track of all of my usage, it includes peak and off-peak usage in one total.

This is no good when tracking the usage which is most important, the peak usage. How do I know if I'm going over or getting near my monthly peak usage.

This also partly a suggestion. That usage should be showing in peak and off-peak usage. If this cannot be done, only peak usage should shown, after all, not many people are going to got over 200gig off-peak allowance.

My Usage, shows that I'm nearly half way thru my usage. But I do know that most of this is off-peak.
15 REPLIES
N/A

more view my usage

I was told that view my usage would show the breakdown of the four combinations of peak and off peak upload and download from my April billing day, then we were all told that it would be on the 14 Aprl. In my case, both of these dates have come and gone and I still see the old tool. In an FAQ, it says that that bandwith restrictions won't take effect until this tool is in place.

Plusnet, can you please confirm when we can now expect this update and reassure us the bandwith restrictions are not in place until the tool is in place. Obviouly without this tool we can't check the peak download usage.
N/A

And it shows Uploaded aswell as Downloaded???

I thought this was going to be only showing downloaded by the 14th April ? :?:
Midville
Grafter

View My Usage

I believe that there were a few problems when the 'VMU' went live therefore, there is going to be a delay.
the_norris
Grafter

View My Usage

Also to point out that due the the problem when rolling out the new VMU with was then returned to the orginal VMU, the FUP is NOT in effect. The FUP will only com into effect when the new VMU is working.

Phil
N/A

View My Usage

Am I right is saying, that usage is based upon download, not upload.
Community Veteran

View My Usage

Do you mean before or after FUP is implemented?

Before, all usage shown includes upload and download.
After, you will see a separate figure for upload and download and only downloads during the peak period (8am -> 1am) will count towards your FUP allowance.
N/A

View My Usage

So what does this all above mean?

that the FUP isnt in place can we carry on using the service fully then? or do we have to keep downloads from 1am-8am then ?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

View My Usage

HI there,

FUP is not currently being enforced, neither has the revised usage tool been rolled out.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

View My Usage

Best news ive heard all week lol

I assume we will be emailed and informed when it is on and active Smiley
N/A

View My Usage

I find it strange that Plusnet do not keep people informed of this.
I had to raise a note to get this info.
Shouldn't there be a web page with this kind of info on?
If there already is, I apologise, but I haven't found it.
N/A

View My Usage

well one things for sure even if customers have been mailed/emailed or notified via web or letters it may still take a week or 2 for them to check it...

And yeah its a poor system really something as major as this should be in letter/hard form not just some note on your portal.

Heck I rarely visit Plusnet website...

Gonna carry on using the service as normal till otherwise Wink
thetribe

View My Usage

You can find most information in hte Announcements/Service Updates section of the forum
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

And here is the message about the FUP, no further info since then though.
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27074
Community Veteran

View My Usage

It was posted on the Announcements and Service updates page here
N/A

View My Usage

Thanks Phil,

I still think that there should be a dedicated web page with all the info on. Same goes for the proposed speed increases.
I think there is still a lot of confusion about this stuff.

Thanks
Ives