cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View My Usage doesn't add up

N/A

View My Usage doesn't add up

Why is the weekly total not the sum of the daily figures?

If its due to rounding seconds then the seconds should be displayed in the daily usage columns.
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: View My Usage doesn't add up

> Why is the weekly total not the sum of the daily figures?
>
> If its due to rounding seconds then the seconds should be displayed in the daily usage columns.

Hi,

I've just looked at a couple of accounts to check this and the figures are correct. Please raise a ticket with the weeks that seem to be inaccurate and we will investigate further.

Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

> > Why is the weekly total not the sum of the daily figures?
> >
> > If its due to rounding seconds then the seconds should be displayed in the daily usage columns.
>
> Hi,
>
> I've just looked at a couple of accounts to check this and the figures are correct. Please raise a ticket with the weeks that seem to be inaccurate and we will investigate further.

Why don't you check my last weeks account? The total is two minutes greater than the sum of the individual days.

>
> Regards,
> Rob
> --
> | Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support......................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
>
>
>

N/A

> > > Why is the weekly total not the sum of the daily figures?
> > >
> > > If its due to rounding seconds then the seconds should be displayed in the daily usage columns.
> >
View My Usage? Pah, total waste of space. I would not bother with it being 2 minutes out in a week.
I keep my own logs of PlusNet Usage. In general the view my usage under reads your usage anyway.
But to get to the point, I have just had a final warning from PlusNet re over use of my heavy user account, and final termination.
They say I have used it for 72.3 hours last week!, there View my usage says 53 hours, my logs say 54 hours 58 mins....LOL

PlusNet say that the info comes from their Radius logs, they are infallible and non-negotiable ..... LOL

These disagree totally with their own view my usage AND my own logs yet they still use this out-of-the-blue number to terminate you!

Thats why I say the View my Usage is a waste of space.

Note to PlusNet support....

YES I have raised a ticket.....AGAIN, with my own detailed log report and I am awaiting your response. And guess what? I bet you cant let me have a copy of your logs either so we can both see who is wrong!

Mike
N/A

Hi Mike,

> YES I have raised a ticket.....AGAIN, with my own detailed log report and I am awaiting your response. And guess what? I bet you cant let me have a copy of your logs either so we can both see who is wrong!

I have looked into your issue and answered your ticket. I have also attached the logs from your connection for the period that the fair usage warning relates to.

My workings show that you did go over your usage limit but feel free to verify this yourself.

Regards

Josh
--
| Josh Berry.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technichal Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.............@http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

Could be the same problem I had. The view my usage weekly totals aren't what plus.net use, they use something like Thursday to Wednesday, and it starts again as soon as you go over your limit.

elton
Grafter

> > > > Why is the weekly total not the sum of the daily figures?
> > > >
> > > > If its due to rounding seconds then the seconds should be displayed in the daily usage columns.
> > >
> View My Usage? Pah, total waste of space. I would not bother with it being 2 minutes out in a week.
> I keep my own logs of PlusNet Usage. In general the view my usage under reads your usage anyway.
> But to get to the point, I have just had a final warning from PlusNet re over use of my heavy user account, and final termination.
> They say I have used it for 72.3 hours last week!, there View my usage says 53 hours, my logs say 54 hours 58 mins....LOL
>
> PlusNet say that the info comes from their Radius logs, they are infallible and non-negotiable ..... LOL
>
> These disagree totally with their own view my usage AND my own logs yet they still use this out-of-the-blue number to terminate you!
>
> Thats why I say the View my Usage is a waste of space.
>
> Note to PlusNet support....
>
> YES I have raised a ticket.....AGAIN, with my own detailed log report and I am awaiting your response. And guess what? I bet you cant let me have a copy of your logs either so we can both see who is wrong!
>
> Mike
>

What does LOL mean?

--
Skonko!
N/A

>
> What does LOL mean?
>
>