cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View My Usage Surprise

N/A

View My Usage Surprise

decided to see what I've been using for the past month and came accross a wonderful surprise ... negative usage for 'web' in the off peak

anybody able to throw some light onto this?
23 REPLIES
kosh2
Grafter

View My Usage Surprise

You are such a giving personHuh

Can I have some of that capacity to balance against my positive account?
Community Veteran

View My Usage Surprise

You need to raise a ticket and get it fixed. Its a bug.
N/A

View My Usage Surprise

yeah i've raised a ticket but i wonder how many people it's affected and for how long ....
N/A

View My Usage Surprise

Well this is intriguing... I wonder whether this explains why my off-peak usage appears grossly inflatedHuh. So far I have not bothered to raise a ticket because it is mostly off-peak, and also because I do not know how to prove that I am not using as much bandwidth, but is this View my usage thingy reliable at all? Also I get hundreds of MBs of traffic on things I never use - 1.36 GB on gaming Huh what gamesHuh
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to log my usage independently? Because I think that it may happen next that the 'bug' affects the peak traffic measurement and I find myself being 'managed' despite my good behaviour...
Thanks for any help
Pietro
N/A

View My Usage Surprise

I have that kind of "bug"

I have useage on Phonecalls, Usenet and FTP and I've never used them! :shock:

There are a few programs that you can use to monitor your use locally;
--

http://www.download.com/sort/3120-2001_4-0-1-4.html?qt=bandwidth+monitor&ca=2001
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Bandwidth-Tools/

--
http://jitserv.coolfreepage.com/
http://readerror.gmxhome.de/
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/link/tbm/

Never used any of them myself, but my friend uses Net Meter, apparently Bandwidth Monitor Pro is good
mrchalk
Grafter

View My Usage Surprise

me too. I seen stuff for P2P ( which i hadnt used) on mine & phone as well, wat a load of rubbish.
N/A

View My Usage Surprise

Well this is intriguing... I wonder whether this explains why my off-peak usage appears grossly inflatedHuh. So far I have not bothered to raise a ticket because it is mostly off-peak, and also because I do not know how to prove that I am not using as much bandwidth, but is this View my usage thingy reliable at all? Also I get hundreds of MBs of traffic on things I never use - 1.36 GB on gaming Huh what gamesHuh
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to log my usage independently? Because I think that it may happen next that the 'bug' affects the peak traffic measurement and I find myself being 'managed' despite my good behaviour...
Thanks for any help
Pietro

I have had exactly the same problem, my gaming bandwdith during peak time has somehow managed to go up 1Gb in one day, where somehow the total bandwidth for that day has only reached 64mb. This is in spite of the fact I deliberatly reduced the amount of bandwidth used that day, in fact I barely used it at all, so natually I am quite bemused how it has gone up. Try explaining that one?
Mand
Grafter

View My Usage Surprise

Hi

The negative usage is being looked into at present.

You will always see a certain amount of usage on unused protocols, due to background traffic and port scans etc, which is blocked by your router.
N/A

View My Usage Surprise

You will always see a certain amount of usage on unused protocols, due to background traffic and port scans etc, which is blocked by your router.

so 1GB of usage in a day on an unused protocol can be counted as background traffic?

thats the funniest thing i've heard all day :lol:
Mand
Grafter

View My Usage Surprise

I wouldn't expect it to be as much as 1GB per day, maybe a few MB per protocol at most.

Have you tried a download monitor? Do you use a wireless network?
N/A

View My Usage Surprise

I wouldn't expect it to be as much as 1GB per day, maybe a few MB per protocol at most.

Have you tried a download monitor? Do you use a wireless network?

i have raised it with your CSC team who started out telling me it was correct, then told me that the VMBU data was incorrect, and have now told me nothing will be done until the end of my billing period (in 20 odd days) by which time i will have had traffic management applied & i will be contacting ofcom.
N/A

View My Usage Surprise

so 1GB of usage in a day on an unused protocol can be counted as background traffic?

thats the funniest thing i've heard all day

That's really like saying that background traffic could use up all your acceptable usage if you are on 30 GB/month option one :shock:
N/A

View My Usage Surprise

That's really like saying that background traffic could use up all your acceptable usage if you are on 30 GB/month option one :shock:

Actually, Option 1 is now 15 GB/month, not 30.
passer
Grafter

View My Usage Surprise

Yeah - I've discovered that I have a secret gaming/usenet/etc. squirrel using up my newly limited bandwidth as well. These are protocols I never touch.

It's all just so Heath-Robinson, isn't it? They trumpet the new okey-cokey-2006 VMBU as the answer to all of our problems, and then sling something in which not only doesn't work, but even includes a get-out clause on the bottom of the display to tell us it doesn't work!

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny.