cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow file sharing speeds in the 2mb premier service

N/A

At first on the premier service i got speeds of 200kb easily on P2P and even on unpopular stuff i got above 50 but in the last one and a half months i cant get above 20 with anything, not even at off peak times, when i connect to my firends wirless some of the things go at 200kb/s easily but when i connect to my wireless the rates will rarely get above 20. I have tried 2 different modems and done firmware upgrades but still nothing works. Could there be a fault in my line? Does anyone else on premier experience slow rates on things like bitottrent and limewire all the time?
16 REPLIES
N/A

Hi

Welcome to the forums.

There are many threads running in the forums of late discussing your issue.

At the top of the feedback forum (this one) there are a couple of "stickies" which if you read them will explain some of what you are seeing.

A further browse through the forum will then give you a customer perspective of what is occurring.
N/A

I have read through the stickies and am unsure what it all means? Are you simply restricting P2P traffic at peak times
N/A

I do not use P2P.

But I understand the answer to your question is - It is restricted at all times.
N/A

Hi,

I do appreciate the difficulty understanding the shaping policy.

With the premier product traffic shaping is applied, but you should only be seeing a 5 - 10% decrease in speeds at peak times.

Some people are downloading at normal speeds, some are seeing greater reductions, and not just with Plus Net. Oher ISP's boards are reporting similar issues.

The very nature of P2P apps and bittorrent can affect speeds. There are so many variables.

How are your speed tests? Have you tried any?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

P2P is not restricted at all times. It is very slightly shaped to ensure that latency sensitive traffic such as VoIP and HTTP will always work correctly, even at busy times.
N/A

Well there you go durgeshpatel.

It's official it's some outside influence that Plusnet has no control over.
N/A

Not honestly sure how you deduce that?

Bens reply is clear and I have attempted to explain that there are other factors involved, none of which are the fault of the OP.

On ADSL Guide lately, other people, even on Zen connections are reporting P2P slowdowns. Surely Plus Net cant be blamed for that?
N/A

On ADSL Guide lately, other people, even on Zen connections are reporting P2P slowdowns. Surely Plus Net cant be blamed for that?

Don't bank on it...
N/A

Good reply.
N/A

Don't bank on it...

Indeed. They seem to get the blame for everything in the current climate.
N/A

how about binary newsgroup downloads?

friends on cable arent having slow down problems but me and my friends on 2meg PN prem are getting 90k or less
N/A

There is a seperate thread discussing the binaries and to the best of my knowledge Dave Tomlinson has asked for information from those affected to help diagnose this particular issue.

In that regard the newsgroup / binary issue is not relevant to this thread.
N/A

Don't bank on it...

Indeed. They seem to get the blame for everything in the current climate.

Some may say deserved for the fiasco they have created.
N/A

problem FIXED!!! Plus net technical support reset something for me as there was some problem going back to the traffic reshaping and my P2P download rates have skyrocketed!!!!