cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very good speeds but disconnecting

Andrea2006
Grafter

Above is a great speed, and one of the best i have received from Plus.net . Thanks
Although, i am still getting disconnected.
My usb router will flash, goes into training mode (yellow) then disconnects.. Have to wait till the little icon goes back green before connecting.. I don't think there is a problem with plus.net, maybe there is? Maybe it is my router ? Can anyone give me an idea ?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Random disconnects are possibly the hardest thing to diagnose- as the problem could be in so many places.

Have the disconnects recently started? If so, has anything about your local environment changed that might be responsible- new phones on the line, subscribed to Sky (Sky boxes are hooked up to the line), added extension lead, new modem etc.

In general the advice seems to be as follows-
1. Check that all telephone points and extensions have microfilters installed.
2. Try swapping the microfilter for your modem with another one, either new or from elsewhere in the house.
3. Unplug everything from your the phone line and plug your modem directly into the master socket or- better still- into the test socket (see Q30 here for how to find your test socket).
4. If possible try connecting with a different modem/router.

If none of the above works run the "Broadband Fault Checker" from within "Connection Settings".
Andrea2006
Grafter

Hey, thanks for that. .Swapped the micro filter with a brand new one, and seems to be working good.. Been connected for 1 hour now.. Thanks
Alphakk1
Grafter

Really weird just got disconnected when reading this post, like Andrea2005 get disconnects, but less frequent and only when surfing.
Andrea2006
Grafter

Well try the microfilter.. It worked for me..

Also, i have one of those caller id things connected to my phone line.. When this is on , it disconnects, when i take it out it doesnt.. Do you have one of those?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Also, i have one of those caller id things connected to my phone line.. When this is on , it disconnects, when i take it out it doesnt.. Do you have one of those?

When you use the caller id device, you do have it plugged in to a filter don't you?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Alphakk1
Grafter

Already use a micofilter its mandatory if you use a phone in the house.

The phoneline at times has alot of noise interference, but my maxdsl d/l is good enough for me.
I have sky which I know may cause issues but it was fine during 2mb and 4mb upgrades. Only of recent that it has occured the odd disconect.

I'm still using usb modem BT v105, got a router but was no good need to get another one.

So no callerid or 1571 answer machine service. The good thing is when using the bandwidth, p2p or otherwise no disconnect.
Andrea2006
Grafter

When you use the caller id device, you do have it plugged in to a filter don't you?

Yes, it is in the filter.. When i take it out it doesnt disconnect ,..
m00nie
Grafter

i must get at least 10 of these dropped connections a DAY!!!!

could put up with it at first but its now getting annoying.

ive bought a new micro filter, new cables, unpluged every thing, borrowed a different router.still happens

Only starts to happen after 6-7pm onwards then all night, so when the bt engineer came out at 1pm all was fine.
Redviper
Grafter

Hi i was connected all afternoon (today) not one connection, but come the evening, and its guaranteed that my connection will drop, ADSL light will start blinking (I have to run dowstairs, as the only way I know is that MSN will log out), and then it reconnects - very annoyiny.