cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disgruntled new customer

N/A

Migrated in to +net Premier, monthly contract, 3 weeks ago on the promise of a totally unrestricted, uncapped service. (actual words of the adviser on the pre-sales telephone call)

Recently recieved the dreaded email containing the new T's & C's, which I was was extremely dissapointed about, as I'm an amature film editor and transfer alot of data, day or night.

Decided to take my business else where, requested MAC code, only to be told I can migrate, but it's going to cost me £14.99!!!!

I'm know there are some who are much worse off than me (Those who signed up for 12 months etc. etc.) and I'm sure some of you are thinking, traffic shaping at peak times is not that bad, but the point is, it's not what I signed up for!!!

The package i joined met my requirements, the new T'c and C's have changed, hence, if i'm not getting the service I want, I want to leave.

Why should I have to pay anything to Plusnet to migrate out, when it is clearly they, who have altered the terms of service, i have done nothing!!

This is completely unfair, i'm so annoyed.

Evil Evil Evil
57 REPLIES
N/A

andy archer

dont think you will have to pay to leave as they have changed the t and c's - you didn't purchase any hardware off them did u?
N/A

andy archer

dont think you will have to pay to leave as they have changed the t and c's - you didn't purchase any hardware off them did u?

No hardware, but I didn't pay an activation fee..so i'm told.
But i think that's irrelevant. I am not getting the service i signed up for, If i had known 2 weeks after joining, the T's & C's were going to be introduced, I would not have migrated to them, I would have stayed put.
N/A

On the signup pages, there is NOTHING to say that if you are a migrant customer, ie, moved from other ISP, that you will be charged £14.99 if you leave within the first month.

This piece of information is cleverly hidden from you till after your account activates.

I suspect that you will NOT be charged because they have changed the T&Cs, but it is rather cheeky to hide the information when you sign up and tell you AFTER, that if you leave you pay!
N/A

hi andy

you should be able to walk away from it then, if you do not accept the t and c's, that were in force when you signed up. Because you accepted the way things were and you were prepared to stay, you signed up.

Now the goal posts have changed and you do not have to stay if you do not like these changes, keep on at them, they will have to back down because they changed it not you :-)

on another note, before a mod picks up on it and you wonder why your post has been changed, you do not need to quote the immediate before post in your reply.

Best of luck to you and hope you get a satisfactory conclusion
N/A

Pritska

You're correct, i noticed nothing in during the signup process.
This makes me so mad, i couldn't see it happening in any other field of commerce.
In my experience, good, reliable trustworthy companies who make errors, will do their upmost to compensate their customers, at the very least, let them walk for free.

Soundsystem,

Thanks for the advice, you've only echoed what my initial thoughts were.
I'm not letting this one slide Evil
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Please see http://portal.plus.net/info2/move_broadband/terms.html, it clearly states:

If you cancel your service before the end of the 12-month minimum period, a moving fee of £14.99 (inc. VAT) will apply, in addition to any other fees that may be payable.
N/A

Thanks for pointing that out Ben.
I would have no problem in paying that fee, If i had to decided to leave Plusnet for no particular reason.

However, like I have stated before, I think this is completely unfair as I am in effect being forced to leave Plusnet because I do not agree with the new terms and conditions that have been enforced upon me.

We wouldn't be having this conversation if I had known the T's & C's were going to change, i would never have considered migrating to you company.
N/A

Please see http://portal.plus.net/info2/move_broadband/terms.html, it clearly states:

If you cancel your service before the end of the 12-month minimum period, a moving fee of £14.99 (inc. VAT) will apply, in addition to any other fees that may be payable.

Ben surely changing the terms and conditions voids this part of the agreement as well as that is part of the agreement a customer chooses to accept during his or hers signup, can you confirm that Plusnet have checked the legality of charging this fee - i understand that you may not be able to answer tho :-)
N/A

when you read!!!

:shock: make sure that you wear your glasses when you do read the terms and conditions as the changes will not affect the premier accounts very much certanly not the way your going to use it?? i'm sure if you give it a try maybe you'll find out, that the shaping is not gonna affect your package very much or unless you just like following bad advise from people who don't know what they're on about!!!! im on the same 21.99 upto 2mb prem package and not worried in the slightest but hey i make up my own mind!!!!!! :?:
You migrated to plusnet for a reason maybe better price (got it) maybe better speed (got it) 24/7 local rate cmr service (got it)!!!

Woof, Woof!!!!!
N/A

Maddog

I migrated on the promise of a completely unresricted service.
That has now changed. Price wasn't an issue.

But like i've previously stated, the product I now have is not what I signed up for. So i want to leave. As this is completely not my fault, I refuse to be penalised for plusnet moving the goalposts.
N/A

Let see!!

so what exactly have plusnet done, that will affect your service? i mean you'll still get great speed trust me ive been with a lot of isp's and PN are the fastest to date, your uploades and downloades won't be affected, these changes are business changes to protect the network not to make it worse, at lease PN have told us abot the shaping not like many other isp's that do control there network in different ways :twisted:
I for one will be staying as for 21.99 you won't get the same service and speed anywhere else check out zen's prices !!! Pricey to say the least!! plusnet are not in a position that they are from making bad decisions!!!
have a good think about migrating out, you may regret!!!

Woof,Woof!!!
N/A

I transfer a large amount of data through P2P and telnet, in peak hours. They have already annouced there will be traffic shaping on the prem accounts, with regard to these activites, so I will be effected.

I'll repeat, price is not an issue. I am prepared to pay extra with a different ISP to get the service I require.

Plusnet are not in their position by making bad choices....but the choices they make now will certainly be detrimental to future business.

I don't see how they will receive the same level of public confidence after this fiasco.

Good news travels fast, bad news travels faster!
N/A

andyarcher, seems as Ben hasn't answered my post above i have sent an email on behalf of myself, yourself and many other users, to a solicitor's office.

ok here goes

Hi

Could you give me some advice please

I currently have 2 internet service accounts, the company I deal with have imposed new terms and conditions of which I have until 16th September to accept or not.

My questions are:

1) if in their sign up process there is “If you cancel your service before the end of the 12-month minimum period, a moving fee of £14.99 (inc. VAT) will apply, in addition to any other fees that may be payable.” Where would I stand with this?

2) A couple of friends I know have signed up as well have been told that they will have to pay: a) the above b)a £58.75 connection fee which would have been waived had they stayed for 12mths c) a £25 fee for the free modem that was part of the sign up process as they are leaving before the 12 months

As this company have changed the t and c’s surely this would void all of the above?

i will post the reply here so everyone knows whether Plusnet are right or wrong

:-)

edited for typo errors twice as i can't spell
N/A

Thanks soundsystem,

Should make interesting reading for many in this position.