cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disgruntled and ex customer warning to all

N/A

I would just like to write and say my contempt for this service. I requested my MAC key 4/11/05 and successfully migrated to another isp on 14/11/05. I raised a ticket and was informed Plusnet wanted to take another months money as they needed to to have 30 days notice and it is in the T&C's. So in good faith I set up a final payment installment for PN and asked if I would be billed again in my original ticket. To which a I had a reply :

2005-11-26
14:18:36
Gavin C**
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr B******,
If you migrate out before 15/12/2005, you will not be billed again.

Well I got news for you fella I migrated on 14/11/05. So I just put that down to an over busy over stressed customer support operative not checking the facts.

Well blow me down I get home tonight and guess what PN have e mailed to say they are taking another months money for 15/12/05. I wont swear but I feel like blowing my top. I left PN because I was totally unhappy with the service on usenet. I assure you this leaves me with even less confidence in PN and would like to warn all users to act with care when migrating.

I will get back to group to let you know if I had a satisfactory reply to yet another ticket. PN once you where a great ISP but thats in the past.
10 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I have addressed this on the ticket you have open on your account.
Community Veteran

When you migrated, did you actually inform PlusNet that the migration had completed?

PlusNet rely on BT Wholesale to inform them of when migrations are completed and sometimes BTW forget to do this - there have been many reports of this happening in the past few months. Thus while you may have migrated on 14th Nov, PlusNet probably have not yet been informed by BT wholesale officially that you have moved. Thus, in the absence of any information to the contrary, the automated billing system will naturally issue a request for payment.

So, if anyone does migrate, please inform PlusNet when it has happened just in case BTW mess up again.

I'm sure this can be cleared up quickly.
rammie1976
Grafter

Do +net ask you to notify them?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Our migrations team do monitor outbound migrations to process accounts after the migration has completed, however this is a manual process at the moment and accounts can slip through the gaps.

Once this has been raised to us we can sort this out, as has now been done in the OP's case.
Community Veteran

No, but due to BTW not always informing PN of migrations and to stop possible future billing issues, it is recommended that you do tell them when you have migrated out.
rammie1976
Grafter

oops :lol:
rammie1976
Grafter

So perhaps +net ought to ask you to tell them? Not everyone who migrates will be reading this thread. :roll:
Community Veteran

And not everyone who migrates has a billing problem or is forgotten about by BTW.

As I understand, the number that are affected by this is very very small and it is just common sense that when a contract or service changes, that you let all those involved know about it.
rammie1976
Grafter

and so for good customer relations why not mention it to migrating customers (and if the punter ignores it, it gives +net the moral high ground!)?
___oDiN__
Grafter

No, but due to BTW not always informing PN of migrations and to stop possible future billing issues, it is recommended that you do tell them when you have migrated out.

well if its such as recommened practice then it should be told to all customers just in case then theres no excuses and no problems