Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very angry at Plus Net going back on their word

thehatman
Grafter

Attention Mand Becket.

Afew days ago you acknoledged that I'd been over-charged and was owed money by you due to faulty VMU meter.

This was three or four days before the next direct debit was due out of my account. Plenty of time to adjust the payment amount.

YOU'VE TAKEN THE MONEY ANYWAY!!!!

So much for Plusnet's staff assurances that a problem is sorted.

I am very annoyed at this inconvenience. I don't want my invoice date moved. I don't want excuses.

You promised to do something. It didn't happen.

REFUND MY MONEY NOW.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): All caps removed from title. This is considered rude and akin to shouting]
4 REPLIES
thehatman
Grafter

"this is considered rude and akin to shouting"

Yeah I know . I was shouting. Because I was angry.

Sad

PS It's not Mand, she's been helpful. It's just the feeling of not being able to rely on PN and the gradual erosion of trust.

I keep thinking "oh it's alright now" and then it's not again.
N/A

:? Could it be the case that the request for funds via DD had already been submitted? I don't know the exact details, but i always thought the receiver had to ask a few days in advance for funds to be transferred.
I don't know the ins and outs, and am not defending anybody, rather just floating a possible explanation? :?
If you have it in writing that it would be done, perhaps just ask again, and ask that you get written confirmation that is has been done before next month. (and ask for double by way of compensation) :lol:
Community Veteran

DDs normally have to be submitted by companies 3 or 4 days prior to the expected payment date so it the OPs situation, the DD had probably already been submitted to the bank when they were told about the overpayment so it would not have been possible to stop or amend it.

This is a banking issue rather than PN not doing what they said they would.

All I would ask is the OP be paient and give the very slow accounting cogs time to issue the refund. This can take upwards of 10 days.
JonathanW
Grafter

Indeed, as already mentioned it takes a few days for a direct debit to be fully processed by both the banks involved. So it is likely that Mand's comments were made at roughly the same time as when the request for payment was submitted this month.

Though once the transaction has been fully processed, we can sort out a refund for anything that you were over charged by. For the time being its a case of being patient whilst we get this looked at for you.