cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Frustrated!!!

N/A

Very Frustrated!!!

I am becoming more and more frustrated regarding the promised upgrade to my ADSL. I was promised by Plusnet an upgrade to 2 Mbyte as soon as my exchange was upgraded. My exchange was upgraded nearly 3 months ago. BT is reporting that my line is capable. A near neighbour with Plusnet was upgraded. I raised a ticket nearly a month ago – I was initially fobbed off with the BT hasn’t told us that the exchange was upgraded after pointing out that my neighbour had had his ADSL upgraded this changed to BT are currently individual line and then no orders have appear to have progressed by BT yet.

I understand that BT are being slow, but this is ridiculous. On top of everything, at the beginning of August I got an e-mail from Plusnet telling that my account is being changed to ADSL NetStart Self-Install Annual Contract - Up to 2Mb!!!.

Just what is going on? It looks to me that Plusnet did not place the order in the 1st place and then is not following this up. As far as I am concerned I am only getting a quarter of the service I should be, perhaps I should be only paying a quarter of the fee

Rob
32 REPLIES
N/A

Very Frustrated!!!

m8, i fully understand your anger here, and tbh iam getting very very annoyed myself now, i to , athough not like your situation, but have been waiting for my upgrade since april, and i am of the opionon now +net are simply getitng away with murder. ( read my posts about why should i STILL be paying 21.99 for 512 now and the majority have 2 meg.)

i still say now that is wrong and should definatly not be allowed, but hey i just feel now , plus net have lost the plot on this from the begining, stemming back to fair usage debarcle, its never been right since that fiasco.

i will say i cant wait for next week, after my conversation with a operator yesterday, after dropped connection AGAIN (getting more and more frequant), he said that they had been told by bt that ALL upgrades will be completed by the end of august.....mmmm so 2 weeks and counting then folks......or was it more b.s. just to get me off the line.

i have no idea if any plus net cs people actually come on here and are concerned anymore, but iam telling them now if they are......if this upgrade is not done by the end of august as now promised, ( the 3rd change of date for me), i will definatly be moving on.....we are about now the only daft buggers out there on 512, after every other isp has given free upgrades.....and a dam site faster than +net.

they have gone form being one of the 1st to promise it, to now being one of the last to implement it...........

can +net c.s actually just come to this post or one of mine and give me a PROPER answer as to just what is happening...and exactly how long i am to keep lining your pockets ( after over 3 years of doing so) with 21.99 for a service that now the vast majority are getting better and yet paying the SAME as me.........totally and utterly wrong in any business, and regarding any crap excuses....come on +net its time to deliver on your so called promises and stop falling down the isp table........you will soon bne bottom in my opinon, what with this.....and now speed and connection issues....just what is happening.

sorry to hijack your post a bit m8 and i hope you to get sorted...just felt they needed telling again as another disatisfied customer raises his disspointments in your fast falling quaity of service.........

answer please......
N/A

Very Frustrated!!!

he said that they had been told by bt that ALL upgrades will be completed by the end of august
I think that has slipped to September now.
N/A

Very Frustrated!!!

My speed upgrade was for August and gess what.

Just came online and my modem is connecting at 2272 Kbps Cheesy

Its been abit of a wait but well worth it Smiley
N/A

Very Frustrated!!!

CS are now saying that my line should be regraded at end of Aug but I can get it within 5-7 days by paying for it. As I was promissed in the responce to a Ticket some time ago that I would be regraded as soon as the excahge was upgraded I think that this is not on. I think Plusnet should wave the fee to ensure I get the regrade asap.

I still think the fault lies with Plusnet in not ordering the regrade with the others on the bulk order.

Would anybody from CS care to comment?

Rob
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Very Frustrated!!!

Hi,

Every single customer on 512 and 1Mbps has had a regrade order placed with BT Wholesale. No-one has been missed, they've all been submitted.

Unfortunately delays at BT Wholesale with the regrade schedule which has affected every single ISP taking part in the bulk regrade programme means that not every regrade has been done yet.

There are reasons that some customers on some exchanges haven't been done where others have. If the exchange has multiple DSLAM's or if multiple visits are needed to a single DSLAM or if a VP has been Red at any time are the main causes of the different regrade times.

We have been in touch with BT Wholesale regularly regarding the regrade programme to ensure that we can give our customers the latest information.

The latest briefing which ourselves and I should note any ISP taking part in the bulk regrade programme, is now showing October as the end of the bulk regrade programme, with manual "mop up" in November.
StuWard
Grafter

Very Frustrated!!!

Apologies for the slight thread hijack

But do you mean that all exchanges are being upgraded to 2MB ?
My exchange is curently 1MB max, so you can see why i am interested !!

Stu
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Very Frustrated!!!

Hi Stu,

Your exchange will already support 2Mbps services, although your individual line may not due to line limits.
The bulk regrade programme is upgrading the speed of every customer's service to 1 or 2Mbps (where line conditions allow).
N/A

Very Frustrated!!!

Not bad, in the last month we've gone from August, to September and now November for the upgrades. Guess I should've coughed up the £15 in April.
N/A

Very Frustrated!!!

Had mine upgraded on Tuesday from 512k to 1meg... i'm disappointed because they say my line can't support the 2meg.

line attenuation of 43db.... bloody unfair i say... considering moving now... after 2 years of loyalty to PlusNET. Don't know why i even bothered with them in the first place!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Very Frustrated!!!

Hi,

The limit for 2Mbps is less than 43dB. BT have recently tightened up the testing for 2Mbps due to an increase in false greens, so that anything that was amber before (43-45.5dB) will now get rejected.
N/A

Very Frustrated!!!

What about the lack of consideration for a good SNR margin in combination with a line attenuation of 43db.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Very Frustrated!!!

For now they've decided that 43dB or above is outside the limits regardless of other factors such as SNR. The number of faults they are seeing is on the increase, as is the number of regrades to 2Mb thus they can better judge what line stats will support 2Mb and what won't.
N/A

Very Frustrated!!!

So does that mean when BT "decide" that i am now allowed to have 2meg, that i will be compensated for the costs during the time that they are forcing me to sit on 1meg for?

Line attenuation is not something that i can (as a customer) affect. So where i stand i see it rightly to be BT to fix the problem and for PlusNET to be on their case to allow all their customers the full service that they are providing.

Either that or get BT to change my line over to a different copper pair.

I get the feeling that i'm being conned!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Very Frustrated!!!

Unfortunately 99.99% of the time line attenuation cannot be improved because it is down to the length and quality of the copper cable. Not every line will support the fastest speeds I'm afraid, that's the limits of the technology.