cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriSign updates DNS every few seconds

N/A

VeriSign from now on updates the DNS database every few seconds.

http://news.com.com/VeriSign+speeds+up+registry+changes/2100-1038_3-5359706.html?tag=nefd.top

Does PlusNet or BT need to make any changes for this on their side ?

coz I just updated the DNS of one of my .com domains, but am unable to access it while 3 other people, all on different ISPs are already able to access the new server. Cry

y'all need to sort out ur DNS servers as it is :x
2 REPLIES
N/A

About time verisign did something, used to take them 2 or 3 days.

And i tell you what its much easier to update one database of a local registrar than for all the isp's of the world to have to go round all the registars updating their dns records, just imagine how many domain names they have to check every single day, and have to do this over the internet, not via local machines. So you can see why things usually get updated once or twice a day, due to sheer volume of data.
N/A

I don't think either of you understand how DNS works. Nominet (.uk registrar) update their nameservers once per day. However DNS servers such as Plusnet's query the .uk nameservers and cache the information received (in Nominet's case the records are cached for 48 hours, during which time no further requests to Nominet's servers are made for that domain).

Do Plusnet or BT need to make changes? No.
Will this change increase load on the DNS system? No.