cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verdict of Trading Standards

N/A

I wrote a complaint in via-email and got a call today saying we probably have a case against PN due to the way they wrote their T&C's. They said I need to write in to PN by snail mail and if the response is not satisfactory gave me a number to call to further the complaint.

Good news is they believe there is foul play at PN and I did say I'd take this further. Just thought I'd let you know at least one of us is taking this further.
158 REPLIES
MrToast
Grafter

I do wish that people wouldn't try to pick contractual arguments here. It doesn't work. Its not the right place. Not sure Trading Standards would appreciate your apparent quotation of them either.

The fact that you describe 'foul play' as 'good news' says it all.
N/A

The simple fact is I got a call from trading standards, the guy has gone over PN's T&C's several times and said (and I quote) "I believe you have a case against Plus net as their terms and conditions do not cover their recent acts".

This post is purely informative to say I am trying to do something about it after many people have said "I wonder what TS would think of this"; I decided to actually see what they have to say, and it's on the customers side.
N/A

Personally I think Plusnet have breached T+C rules, but I doubt TS would do
owt about it tbh. As I have no doubt TS, FACT etc have put pressure on ISP's
to CAP users so they cant download any illegal stuff avail around the net.

I'd be interested to know more on what TS said tho.
N/A

I would have to agree.

The first thing any lawyer or legal advisor would say, is to say nothing. It can only harm your own case, to comment on it in public, prior to any resolution.

Indeed, good luck to yourself, and do let us know the outcome.
N/A

agora , you are obviously satisfied with plus net - maybe as the issues that are affecting other users do not effect you?

The fact is PN is failing in some areas (they acknowledge that themselves on occassions) and the place to discuss such things is on this forum - thats what customer feedback is about. Sometimes it involves the intevention of outside parties and if TS do indeed find a problem with the T&C's its in everybodies interest (including PN) to ensure these are corrected.

If we all believed evrything was perfect these Forums would be dead, defunct and not worth having!

Anyhow my view is discussions and debates on places like this are good and encourages everyone to have their own views seen.
N/A

I don't intend to go into details here I just wanted to let the people who are concerned with PN's behaviour that it is to be looked at as I feel it should be (along with many others) and I feel quoting someone saying "I believe you have a case" is well within the safety margins for what can and cannot be said.
N/A

what did you tell them about wadev, the upto 4/8Mb contract change, the non email about the cheaper product or the traffic shaping?. My guess is you would have most luck with the upto 4/8Mb contract change as theese customers don't know they are on a different package, and might of wanted to stay on the 2Mb but were not given the option.
N/A

I don't want to go into specifics yet, all I will say is TS told me that due to PN's T&C's some of their behaviour over the past several months could easily be considered a breach of contract and I should continue looking into it until it is cleared up.
N/A

wadev1589, it is good news that TS seems to think there could be a case to answer. Keep up the good work - and keep us posted unless you think that doing so would give PN some advantage. TS cases are not the same as common litigation and the case against PN will not be prejudiced by discussing its progress here.

I think that PN do deserve to have their manipulative and devious T&Cs investigated, along with the way that they use them to justify not providing important product information to customers.

Simon
N/A

I wonder where the new T&C's have got too?
I guess we need to check them with a fine tooth comb when they appear.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

I wonder where the new T&C's have got too?

Not far off now, towards the end of the month.
N/A

FYI PN after you read this, the reason I've gone as far as TS this time is your absolutely disgraceful response to my ticket saying if I ask any further questions about your products via tickets you will ban my access to the portal.

FYI those tickets also said the only way I can get the truth is via tickets as the forums "are not an official response line".

Edit: What I should have stated here is I was already considering contacting TS regarding this but PN's "if you're not satisfied with our response, tough" attitude in their support system was the thing that made me said "someone really needs to do this, obviously they don't care about me as a customer anymore so I'll do it"
Community Veteran

FYI those tickets also said the only way I can get the truth is via tickets as the forums "are not an official response line".

This is true.

One word of advice I would say is if you do intend to write to PlusNet (or any other organisation) make it recorded delivery. For 68p extra its worth the price of mind.

Chris
N/A

Yes I was told to send it Recorded Delivery otherwise I have a strange feeling it would never reach its destination....if you know what I mean :x