cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ventrilo Port and Lineage II Ports

N/A

Could the following ports be checked on/added to the Ellacoyas? Lineage has almost ground to a halt and Vent is also suffering very badly (in app ping 500-3000ms).

Lineage II (MMORPG) www.lineage2.com
7777, 2106 and 2009

Ventrilo Port

This is non standard port for Vent but the server operator cannot change the port due to it affecting too many other customers.

Many Thanks
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I think 7777, 2106 and 2009 are all already set up as gaming (or are going through change control). Is there are reason why the server operator can't set up a standard port to use in addition to this?
N/A

For the Vent server?.. nope. I can only presume to hide it from casual browsing as the official ports are listed?

I can give you the IP address to check it is Vent server?
Plusnet Alumni (retired) _CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Lineage2 comes as a default application built on the Ellacoya
N/A

OK, thanks Carl.
phatty
Grafter

Im having problems with Ventrilo on PORT 4014

Getting awful pings with a minimum of around 500ms which is making the service unusable.

Please help!
kingkobra
Grafter

Yay... its not just me then.

Using Ventrilo on port 4234 and at peak time getting pings in excess of 12000... yes you read that right... 12000. Ventrilo is totally useless with a ping that high, if you can even stay connected for more than a few minutes.

I don't know about you guys but this has only been an issue for me the last week or two. Was fine before then with pings around 20-30 ms.

I have raised a ticket, and the guy told me that thery were looking at gaming/ventrilo traffic priority, but that may have been a fob off.
phatty
Grafter

My Vent pings were near perfect until about 10 days ago.

At first I thought people were ignoring me Sad

Then a team mate told me to jump in an empty tank (in BF2), which I had done 30 seconds beforehand, turns out he told me to do it about 2 seconds before I jumped in.