cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veeeery long and frequent disconnection

N/A

I do get disconnections from time to time and a simple reconnection or reboot of the PC fixes it but yesterday evening i was using the internet when the connection just stoped and for the entire night could not connect. I was getting some error saying that the 'remote host or server did not respond ' or something similar, it was timing out during password verification. Finally this morning it reconnected but then during the day it started again. The modem was showing all lights as green, phone line was working, run a diagnostic on the modem and it was fine, today I've checked my local exchange status and everything is showing green.

What is wrong with my connection all of a sudden? It has been working on the same setup for many years, I have not installed or changed any settings which might have caused it.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hey there,
I'm afraid I cant help you with your problem as I'm new to plusnet myself, it's just that your name looks Polish.

I used to live there (Krakow) best place on earth.

Czesc.
N/A

I had a similar problem over last 2 days. raised a call which was like pulling teeth.
All back up now with message that line is ok and that bt where doing some maintenance.

I live near leeds if thats a help
N/A

It's happening again, it took 10min to get reconnected. The error says 'the remote computer did not respond' and that's when trying to verify username and password. I live in London and the exchange shows as green there shouldn't be any problems there. the modem also syncs ok.

Hey there,
I'm afraid I cant help you with your problem as I'm new to plusnet myself, it's just that your name looks Polish.

I used to live there (Krakow) best place on earth.

Czesc.

yes i'm from Poland Smiley
N/A

This sounds like an exchange fault to me. Convince Plus to raise a fault with BT.
N/A

I'm getting the same thing. I'm sick of being told "Change filter, check password, reboot computer etc" It's a kop out. There is clearly quite a few other people getting these problems as the board is full of complaints about this at the moment. When are people going to take responsibilty for the service they provide and stop trying to fob this off on the individual. I ran away from pipex for that kind of despicable behaviour and it seems Plusnet is beginning to adopt the same attitude.
N/A

If the modem is synching, then it sounds unlikely to be a fault at the exchange, definately raise a ticket though, and let them have a dig around.
Let us know what they come up with...
N/A

If the modem is synching, it just means it is talking to the exchange modem. Any fault is likely to be beyond the exchange modem.