cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vast improvement with Interleaving turned ON ! Give it a try

N/A

I had my Max DSL a few weeks ago and was OK with download speeds of approx 4000kbps but kept having drop-outs, about 3 per hour. Last week I raised a ticket asking if turning Interleaving on would make any difference. Got a reply by return from CS saying it would be on within 24hrs and to give it a try.

Honestly, I've never known anything make such a difference, no more dropouts but the biggest suprise of all is download speeds went up from 4000kbps to max of 6300kbps with an overall average of 5600. I no it won't suite everyone but give it a try, you are given an extra icon in the connections panel to turn it off yourself if it gives problems. Give it a try, what have you to loose? Hope you have the same success as I've had.
12 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there

Strangely I had the same thing, with interleaving on I gained stability and almost an extra MB in speed, whilst only adding an extra 30ms to pings. Result all round! (Just gotta move to a better exchange with less contention and I'll be sorted Smiley)
Firejack
Grafter

Doesn't work for me. Interleaving off means my connection works at around 1800kbps and never drops. With Interleaving on I connect at around 3500kbps and it drops virtually every 30 seconds in the evenings :roll:
N/A

whilst only adding an extra 30ms to pings. Result all round!

Hardly what i'd call a result Mand tbh Wink

Any news on giving EVERYONE a button to change between interleaving modes ?
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I'm not really much of a gamer so the ping thing doesn't bother me so much Wink

The interleave options are in the development stack at the moment, but no fixed date for it to be live as yet. Watch this space! Smiley
N/A

Thank you Mand.
N/A

Well one side... and the other.. interleaving has ruined my gaming experience.
N/A

The interleave options are in the development stack at the moment, but no fixed date for it to be live as yet. Watch this space! Smiley

Not up to speed on this subject but do I assume that at some stage we are going to be able to turn it on ourselves?
N/A

Perhaps the monkeys have had to goto the vet this week? Cheesy

PS I'm after a job! :lol:
N/A

Not up to speed on this subject but do I assume that at some stage we are going to be able to turn it on ourselves?

i believe the idea is that we should be able to switch between modes On/Off/Auto at will
What i dont understand is why those of us that have stated that we have Interleaving on can't be given the button now? we know the magic button exits already.
darkgen
Grafter

Out of interest, has anyone requested to have Interleaving turned off, or was maxed prior to it being on by default.

I was maxed recently, requested that it was removed, which was actioned on Monday. However..

My DS Path is still flagged as Interleaved where as my US Path has been switched to Fast. (According to router ADSL stats)

Is this correct, or is it worth clarifying with PN? (My ping times have dropped from 20ms to 10ms.)
Cheers, Paul.
timps
Grafter

I was maxed 08/08 and understood interleaving on was the default
however i have raised a question re low speed and been informed that interleaving will be turned on (PN don't seem optimistic it will make much difference)
they cite exchenge contention as a possibility but my 480 speed never varies. My stable rate is 500 and i sync considtently at over 4000.
I'm becoming more than confused

timps
N/A

Well mine has dropped from full 8MBit a second to 7.5Mbit. I have notice a stable connection since the change over. Cool