cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Varied speed test results - help!

N/A

Varied speed test results - help!

I've run Plusnets speed tester numerous time over the past few days and i'm getting wildly different results.

These can range from as low as around 500kbps right up to nearly 2000kbps within seconds/minutes of each test. (i'm on a 2mb connection)

The last tests I ran back in July were showing fairly constant speeds of about 1700-2000kbps.

I have reported the problem to Plusnet but they said the speed checks at thier end showed 'results within acceptable limits'. Unfortunately, not to me! Sad

Is there anything I can do to bring the speeds right up on a consistant basis or is there a network problem?

Although i've been due a speed upgrade by Plusnet to 8mb, I haven't had any email from them confirming it's happening yet so I presume this isn't the reason for the varied results?

The speed is important to me as I do a lot of online gaming and any speed drop is very awkward.

Can anyone help?
1 REPLY
Community Veteran

Re: Varied speed test results - help!

I've run Plusnets speed tester numerous time over the past few days and i'm getting wildly different results.

Many of us find the PN speed test to be unreliable at best and useless at worst!

Try this one > adslguide_speed_test
Tick "detailed Output" before teting.