cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN BT it worked +net it doesn't

N/A

I've just jumped over to +net from BT and I'm about to throw my toys out the pram already! I've always used VPN access (IPSEC) into my Headoffice without an issue with BT but the minute I change over to +net it stops working. I've checked the VPN logs and they can see me signing in but then I just drop off... the +net boys have said it's an IP address issue but I've used my access all over the place without a problem until I join +net. I think they are trying to force me to upgrade my package.. so has anyone had this problem before? can anyone help? is anyone out there?

TA
5 REPLIES
N/A

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Whatever the issue is its not a generic Plus Net issue. The VPN for my company's staff and my own access works without issue as do those of our clients. If it worked with BT then the IP issue is a valid point and worth exploring. Are the permissions locked down by IP address?
N/A

explain what fails

what point does the vpn setup fail phase 1 phase 2 or later on.

Styler.
N/A

VPN Problems

Hello,

I work from home alot and found big problems with PlusNet. The connection is very unstable if no data passes over for a few seconds (Citrix keeps disconnecting then reconnecting). The only way I managed to get around this problem is to setup a constant ping to a server at my work. This keeps the connection alive.

Thanks
Ben
N/A

I have to agree with Mark, that PN don't have anything that would prevent VPN's from working.

I use a VPN on a regular basis to connect to my work, so that I can work from home and perform out of hours support.

Granted that just because I don't get a problem, doesn't mean that other's don't. It just means there is more likely to be another explanation than PN's network.
N/A

Plusnet may be correct on this one

I suspect you are with BB+ (hence you saying they are trying to get you to upgrade) and BB+ has a dynamic IP address (which means it changes everytime you log on)

Broadband premier has static ip address which means it stays the same forever (or unless you ask it to be changed or move isps)

Most VPNs, in the way of security only allow certain IP addresses to connect in for security reasons, im sure they had your old ip address on file which allowed you to connect, the thing is if you are on BB+ then even if you give them your current IP it will have changed by the next time you log on

Hope this helps