cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Access

N/A

VPN Access

Hi

Does anyone know if Plusnet blocks any VPN traffic? And if this has changed recently?

Thanks

Rich
11 REPLIES
N/A

VPN Access

My wife sometimes use a VPN link to work and did so as recently as last friday. Never had a problem with it.
N/A

VPN Access

I concur. I regularly use vpn into work for support purposes
N/A

VPN Access

Hi Rich,

Welcome to the forums.

Plus Net do not block VPN traffic. I am using one as we speak Smiley

What specific issues or difficulties are you experiencing?
N/A

VPN Access

Thanks for the quick replies.

I'm on an "ADSL Home Surf " account, which I have been for some time.

About a week ago I tried to connect to our VPN, which is Checkpoint FW1 using Checkpoint SecuRemote clinet. It would authenticate me, but that was it, I've tried many time since then, and the same thing happens. I can't connect to anything internally, I've tried every connecion method, using names and IP addresses, and can't use anything.

I've just tried dialling up, to see if its my laptop, or my ADSL, as we've being doing a little work with removing an old domain, and it connected fine on dial-up, and I could remote into servers, get email etc.

Thanks

Rich
N/A

VPN Access

Are you connecting via a router?

I've heard that the SecuRemote stuff doesn't work to well if you are using NAT.

I tried to get this working for a friend once, and had to admit defeat.

Worked fine over dial-up
N/A

VPN Access

Hi

I am connected via a router, but nothing has changed at my end, or companies ISP end (or at least we haven't been told) so the only unkonown is Plus Net.

It was working fine up until about Wednesday 15th (I think).

Rich
N/A

VPN Access

I've got a similar problem. I joined plusnet in August and have been using VPN from home to office a couple of days a week and most evenings since then. On 2 Feb at about midday I stopped being able to communicate. I can connect (authenticate) fine and oddly I can browse the internet through this VPN connection via the DNS servers at work BUT I cannot access any of my employer's own servers. Nothing at work had changed and nothing at home. My lap top will connect and VPN fine from every other location (including from someone else's house through their ISP) and I even replaced my modem/router in case that was the problem and my office swapped out my laptop with a replacement. I called the help desk at the time and subsequently raised a ticket but Plus say it's not them affecting it. The only thing the help desk did suggest was that it might be to do with the IP address so I have asked if my static IP address could be changed. If it can and if this helps I'll let you know!
N/A

VPN Access

This is a totally off the cuff suggestion but have you checked the time on the router/pc (depending on which one is setting the VPN up) as we've had problems establishing IPSec tunnels if the time goes too far out of sync between the various parties involved...
N/A

VPN Access

Don't know if you ever solved your problem but it sounded the same as mine - i.e. using VPN without a problem and then, without anything apparently changing it suddenly stopped working (although mine would work from every other location, including colleagues home broadband connections! I finally (after nearly 3 months) solved my problem by uninstalling the VPN client software and installing the latest version which my employer is just rolling out so that might be worth trying.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

VPN Access

I wonder if a complete uninstall/reinstall of the same version might have worked.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

VPN Access

Would it be worth checking that your IP address hasn't changed due to recent account regrades etc. If it has then your work firewall may be rejecting your attempts to validate.