cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VNC is SLOOOWWWWW even on PAYG

dannykos
Grafter

Hi all - am on PAYG which sould be line speed at all times, all protocols (exhange contention aside), but i'm right now trying to connect to my work machine - and, well, it's probably taken 5 mins just to display my desktop. I daren't actually try do DO anything - as i might be here til next week!

i know there's all sorts of issues with P2P etc - but surely PAYG should be different?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I seem to recall PAYG being not 'shaped as much' as other accounts, but knowing PlusNet since it would save money to use Ellacoyas as opposed to buying capacity I'd imagine they are used, just on a different profile (we hope).

I wonder if the (lack of) staff on here could clarify whether the recent 6.4 downgrade would have affected PAYG accounts as well?
dannykos
Grafter

having read back through the last product refresh - i should be experiencing very little shaping, considering the cost per GB of PAYG compared to premier etc.

hmmmm

torrent 185 seeds / 30 peers = d/l of 45k/sec

not great either!! considering i'm synching at near 7000k
Community Veteran

I think they way PN have implemented the Ellacoya indicates somebody does not know much about Erlangs.

PAYG is traffic shaped and prioritsed against other PAYG accounts and then I believe PAYG is prioritised above all other accounts ... so if PAYG users have problems it means PN does not have enough BT Central bandwidth to satisfy even the 30K-40K PAYG users at peak times.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed