cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMU thoughts

davidpanther
Grafter

VMU thoughts

Firstly, I'll say that I composed this before coming online; I am well aware that there are a couple of VMU threads here already, nevertheless I'm posting this as a new thread because: -

a. the existing ones seem to be about a recent isolated VMU problem, whereas I'm posting about a long standing one

b. I've raised the issue of the innacurate PlusNet statement that accompanies the VMU

===================
I no longer expect much from the VMU counter. After numerous incosistencies in the past it became apparent that PlusNets line was that keeping VMU up to date was not a priority, and that customers should downlaod their own timer to keep track.

OK, I've done that and am using 'No Frills Timer', which has been invaluable on the three occasions I've been wrongly sent a message that I'd exceeded usage.

However it would be nice if the VMU did work, even if it was a day or two behind; as working out usage from 'No Frills Timer' involves subtracting non relevant periods between 1 am and 7 am.

My VMU hasn't updated now for three days.

Lastly, here's PlusNets description that has appeared under my VMU since I signed up here: -

'About your Internet usage statistics: View My Usage only shows completed periods of Internet use. Statistics are updated in near-real time, although in busy periods there may be a delay of up to 2 hours'

It clearly implies that the worst delay is going to be 2 hours, not three days! (By the way, three days delay is not some infrequent freak event, this happens on a consistent basis)

PlusNet, can you please do something. If you're not going to make VMU function properly, can you at least change the description? The current one is a clear display of your unprofessional approach.
2 REPLIES
N/A

VMU thoughts

I've replied to your earlier posts so I won't repeat myself, but my experience in the last few months is that VMU has worked the vast majority of the time. I look at VMU most days and your statement that a three day delay happens on a consistent basis does not match what I have seen.
davidpanther
Grafter

VMU thoughts

Lucky you!

My statement that VMU is out on a consistent basis certainly matches my experience.

All the above is true and I've got the e-mails from customer support to prove it.