cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMU not working?

N/A

VMU not working?

Am I the only one where the "View My Usage" counter doesn't work?

At the end of the previous billing period (Jan 29 - Feb 27) the counter was not rolled over to the next period, and it now keeps on adding usage to the Jan-Feb totals number, exceeding my standard bandwidth (1 GB). The "View this month's usage" page is stuck with the Jan-Feb data, so I can't check when and where I have been using my bandwidth in March. I notified PN on March 3 (Ticket: 1612193Cool that there was a problem,and every Saturday since they send me a message that they are working on it, but nothing actually happens.

Out of the 10 months I have been with PN now, only for 3 billing periods the VMU counter has been working properly. Surely this can not be too difficult to fix?

Arthur.
10 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

VMU not working?

You'll be glad to hear then that the VMU tool is currently being completely redeveloped for a launch at the same time the FUP comes into play.

Other than that I can't help with your query unfortunlately. I'm sure one of the Plusnet guys will pick this up at some point soon.
lowry
Grafter

VMU not working?

As Liam rightly says, the 'View My Usage' tool is currently being completely re-developed to co-incide with the laucnh of the new Broadband Home products based on fair usage. This means that figures for uploads, downloads and data sent and received during the unmonitored time period (1am-8am) will be recorded separately.

I hope this helps,
matt Wink
LiamM
Grafter

VMU not working?

Not to confuse users on Broadband Lite however, as there is no such thing as 'off-peak' for Lite users and all data (both up and down) is counted.

I would imagine therefore that you will get a slightly different variant of the much more reliable VMU system.
N/A

VMU not working?

You'll be glad to hear then that the VMU tool is currently being completely redeveloped for a launch at the same time the FUP comes into play.

I have a sneaky feeling that PN will not fix my problem until this new VMU tool is launched. Anyone know when this is supposed to happen?

Arthur.
N/A

new system new bugs

I wouldn't bank on the new system either.

Never a clever idea to roll out too many new systems all at once.
LiamM
Grafter

VMU not working?

Well the VMU system will have to be in place before they launch the FUP or there will be uproar. This is due to come into effect in April, so I would imagine it will be ready by then.

Perhaps someone in the Usergroup could confirm, perhaps Peter may know what stage this is in?
csogilvie
Grafter

VMU not working?

It was in the "build" phase on the 16th.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

VMU not working?

highburybarn,

The problem is related to your payment frequency being annually. We do not comonly accept annual payments on Home Lite accounts anymore due to these issues. I have checked the status of this problem and it is still under investigation. Rest assured you will not be expected to cover any of the costs as a result of this error.

With regards to the other points raised in this post, the revised VMU tools with be available in time for the launch of the product refresh.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

245 hours and counting.

luckilly I'm saving stacks of bandwidth alreadym as most of the forum button glyphs aren't downloading.
N/A

Re: new system new bugs

Never a clever idea to roll out too many new systems all at once.

The thought crossed my mind thats its a lot of changes in a short time and knowing how buggy any new software usualy is I dont envy the programmers task......../me bets their raking in the overtime payments.

If they get it done with no major bugs please come to where I work and sort some of our software products out Wink

I dont know if u are going to beta test or for that matter need beta testers but I would be more than happy to help in that regard.