cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU

N/A

VMBU

This is day one for me on the new view usage interface and the numbers are nonsense. The old VMBU shows last month I used 11GB the new VMBU shows have now used 4GB.

Does anyone know how you use 75MB with gaming when there are no games installed or how you can make a 22KB broadband phone call.

It appears plus/minus net's monitoring system CAN NOT be trusted.
16 REPLIES
N/A

VMBU

agreed...

I just had a look at mine

it says I have 1.35MB for gaming I DO NOT play online games AT ALL
it says I have 21.99KB usenet I DO NOT know what this is?? let alone use it
it says I have 13.56KB Broadband phonecalls WRONG again!!

are you making this up plusnet??

and whats this 'other' 56.68MBHuh If you are counting it I want to know what it is
N/A

VMBU

Mine for the last 9 days is nearly half of what I regularly use each month -

Broadband phonecalls - Never used this.

Gaming - Never used this.

Streaming - Does this include watching videos on Google Video? If not then never used it.

Peer-to-peer - No where near that much.

Usenet - Never used this.

FTP (non PlusNet) - Never used this.

Other - What is this? How is it so high?

I'm not too worried because it's still well below the limits - but what if I wanted to use my connection late into the month and found I can't because PlusNets random figures have taken all the bandwidth.
N/A

VMBU

Mine is the same. 30mb of gameing.......I dont think so. Other 116mb what constitutes as other? And 2.1GB of Web browsingHuh Hmmmm I dont think so.
Mand
Grafter

VMBU

We are investigating this at the moment and will have more information for you shortly.
N/A

VMBU

Mine was showing nearly my monthly usage in six days, showing vast amounts of usage on things I never use.

I raised a ticket, now shows zero usage for first six days of my new billing period. :?

You would think they could get something right for once :roll:
N/A

VMBU

We are investigating this at the moment and will have more information for you shortly.

Thank you - Cheesy
N/A

VMBU

Mine was showing nearly my monthly usage in six days, showing vast amounts of usage on things I never use.

Same thing here too. But my VMU is still the old one, even though I appear to be on the new Option 1 product - I have 240 Free Mins of PlusTalk, and the "Idle Timeout" icon - I can't see a breakdown of my usage, but it's way through the roof, almost used up my peak allowance, and I'm only half way through my month.

Raised a ticket and got this reply

The VMU does appear to be correct. Are you using a wireless router to connect? If so, it may be that a neighbour is using your connection, possibly inadvertently.

I don't think so - I only allow one MAC number to connect to my WiFi, and that's my PPC.

Bish
N/A

VMBU

[4] A number of customers have complained that they are seeing small amounts of usage on protocols that they are not using. eg. a couple of KB on gaming when all they do is email and web traffic. This is correct and highlights background traffic coming from web sites, applications or port scans. This is nothing to be concerned about but it has highlighted that the information we provide on the VMBU page is not clear enough and we expect to have this updated shortly.

Thanks for the update, but on there you say a couple of KB where as mine clearly shows nearly 50MB on gaming which i don't use.

Surely that amount can't be background traffic?
N/A

VMBU

Mine now says 342.39MB for usenet. I haven't touched usenet since some time around 1997.
And 8.7MB for gaming isn't just a few KB.
N/A

VMBU

what happens if you still got NO usage data with no idea of when it'll be fixed! Sad
N/A

VMBU

I'm still seeing some strange numbers for example 200MB has gone missing Cheesy from NNTP

A day has also gone missing the old VMBU started on 20th the new VMBU started 21st
N/A

hmm seems the same here

Web 577.15MB 969.07MB 1.55GB
Email 4.09MB 5.91MB 10MB
Broadband phonecalls 74.36MB 45.34MB 119.7MB
Gaming 6.25MB 62.99MB 69.23MB
Streaming 204.9KB 17.2MB 17.4MB
PlusNet FTP 0KB 0KB 0KB
Peer-to-peer 273.12MB 836.21MB 1.11GB
Usenet 4.75KB 71.09KB 75.83KB
FTP (non PlusNet) 2.68GB 1.47GB 4.15GB
Other 952.02MB 7.34GB 8.29GB
Total usage so far 4.56GB 10.75GB 15.31GB

broadband phonecalls dont use it

online gaming havent played in years think space invaders was last game i played

and others what is others
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: hmm seems the same here

and others what is others

Encrypted P2P?

Edit: PS - any chance of you cropping that image a bit?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kingkobra
Grafter

VMBU

For some reason all my gaming bandwidth is appearing in Other.. shouldn't it be appearing in Gaming?