cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU

N/A

VMBU

At the bottom of the VMBU tool it states that we should keep in mind that the figures quoted do not include data transfered in the past 2 hours. If this is still the case then how come I have transfered 6.93MB of data at 08.43 on Sunday morning as recorded in 8am to midnight?
If the statement at the bottom of the page is no longer true then it needs to be removed.
41 REPLIES
___oDiN__
Grafter

VMBU

its upto 2 hrs not specifically 2 hrs
N/A

VMBU

hate to be picky but thats not what it says.

'The statistics shown on this page will not include any online activity in the last two hours – you should bear this in mind, particularly if you are approaching the usage included with your account. Usage is measured in amount of data downloaded and uploaded.'
avalon
Grafter

VMBU

Well that bit of text is inaccurate. It can sometimes update usage in less than 20 minutes. I've seen it myself. I suppose it depends on network load, the more people online the longer it takes the system to go through the updates on all those accounts.
N/A

VMBU

It's about time that script was scrapped. It was a problem when it first came out and it's still causing problems.

If PlusNet can't implement a script that allows for up to-date information, they should contract out to a company who have better development teams.

It's a disgrace.

Having said that and to keep things on a positive note. Why not have it updating every five minutes when it monitors that you are nearing the end of your bandwidth for the month?
LiamM
Grafter

VMBU

The VMU works on data supplied to Plusnet by BT AFAIK for traffic coming through the central pipes. This is supplied every two hours or there abouts.

Of course, it's possible I am entirely wrong - and no doubt I will be corrected if that's the case.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

VMBU

That certainly used to be the case. Don't know if it's changed since. Dave (I think) was saying when there where complaints about what it showed last time it was updated that the data came from the radius logs. So don't know if that is from BT or not.

Phil
chymorva
Grafter

VMBU

hate to be picky but thats not what it says.

'The statistics shown on this page will not include any online activity in the last two hours – you should bear this in mind, particularly if you are approaching the usage included with your account. Usage is measured in amount of data downloaded and uploaded.'

I have had similar fruitless discussions back in March of last year (see this thread here)
N/A

VMBU

I hadn't read that thread before Phil - it's a valid point and why you were ignored is perhaps an indication of the uncaring attitude PlusNet now show to their customers.
N/A

VMBU

Sorry Phil hadnt noticed you had raised it before. Just goes to show though if you ignore something it doesnt always go away. Smiley
N/A

VMBU

... Just goes to show though if you ignore something it doesnt always go away. Smiley

As much as they would like it to though Wink .
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: VMBU

If the statement at the bottom of the page is no longer true then it needs to be removed.

Thanks, I've raised that to the content team to change the text.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

VMBU

It's about time that script was scrapped. It was a problem when it first came out and it's still causing problems.

If PlusNet can't implement a script that allows for up to-date information, they should contract out to a company who have better development teams.

Huh? The data in VMBU comes through the RADIUS accounting packets from BT Wholesale once every 30 minutes. This is then saved in huge database. VMBU then pulls the data from this database.
N/A

VMBU

Huh? The data in VMBU comes through the RADIUS accounting packets from BT Wholesale once every 30 minutes.

And your point is?

What you have just stated contradicts previous posts: I can quote the verious posts if you like.

Why don't you update the view my usage script to allow for this?

You are an employee of PlusNet, the customers pay your monthly salary; I'm sure hat you are aware of that fact, act accordingly.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

VMBU

I'm not sure what you are getting at. The data in VMBU comes from RADIUS every thirty minutes and VMBU updates every thirty minutes. The reason for it saying 2 hours is because a packet could get dropped (if for example your connection drops causing a stale session) and it can be out by up to 2 hours.