cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU not been reset

rz2k7
Grafter

VMBU not been reset

My billing date was the 8th but my usage has not been reset.
I raised a ticket on the 9th at 8.50am which was then replied on the 10th at 10.00am. Was told to check the service status.
I checked the service status and it says:

Incorrect traffic management profiles
-------------------------------------------

There was a discrepancy in our reporting, whereby customers who had credit applied to their account in the form of a changed billing date did not get this reflected within our traffic management system. This resulted in some customers experiencing slower speeds at peak times than would have been expected and VMBU was reflecting a billing month of longer than 30 days

These management profiles were corrected yesterday and we have now reset the usage for all those customers who were affected by the issue. Affected customers will therefore be able to receive their full monthly usage allowance between now and their next billing date. A permanent fix to this problem is being investigated and will be developed as quickly as possible.

Only problem is my usage still hasn't been reset.
Can anyone sort this out for me please.
Thanks
7 REPLIES
N/A

VMBU not been reset

I've had the same problem. My billing day was on the 7th.

I've contacted them so many times, and they're just fucking me about.

I've had to endure almost four days of shit peak time service. And they won't keep us up to date on the service status page because "it only affects a few customers".

In my opinion, they're just embarrased about the crappy service they're providing.

Here is the correspondance I've had:

I have a ticket dated 2006-05-07 22:52:48 that says my bandwidth usage has been reset.

Why, then, am I still on Level 1 Management?

2006-05-08
17:01:05
Actioned : Dear Mr Shah,
Please be advised that there is currently an open internal problem with peoples' VMBU data not resetting, and putting them onto the traffic management.

2006-05-09
18:16:56
Assigned : I want this sorted out today! The fact that you've got a crappy system that doesn't work is not my fault. I'm now on Level 2 management when I shouldn't be.

I think I'm entitled to some extra peak time allowance because of your useless service. I want this fixed!

2006-05-09
18:27:16
I have added your details to an open problem we have on this issue. ID 32041. There is no way unfortunately for this issue to be resolved today. It requires work from our developers as it affects more than one user.
We are working to resolve this issue asap.

2006-05-09
20:13:38
Assigned : Why isn't this on the service status page then?

Do you realise how much you have inconvenienced me?

I am now only able to browse at 1Mb, and this is not what I pay for. I don't care whether you have "added my details to an open problem", the fact is you have had enough time to sort this shit out and yet you still screw us over.

And working to resolve the issue "asap" is not good enough. When is "asap"? Your developers should be working on this continuously until it's fixed, and they should be providing us with updates.

Crap like this is what is forcing me to reconsider my ISP - all this "next generation" management is supposed to improve your service, and yet ever since the rollout began, there have been countless problems.

You should be ashamed for being such a pathetic ISP.

2006-05-10
01:24:11
Actioned : Apologies for the issues this problem has caused, i have checked the process of this issue and can confirm that our developers are still working to resolve this issue. This problem has not been added to the service sttatus page because it is only affecting a small number of customers accounts. Although we apriciate that this issue is frustrating please refrain from using profanities in further correspondance with ourselves.

2006-05-11
15:04:45
Assigned : I want an update on the situation.

I have had to endure crappy peak time service for almost FOUR days - I expect compensation if this isn't fixed soon, because you took my money but you aren't providing me the service that I paid for.

You should not have employed such an incomplete system.

2006-05-11
15:07:39
We are not able to compensate you for the service having problems. Adsl is not a gaurenteed service and as such it can have for different problems. And we work to fix them as soon as we can.

2006-05-11
15:25:06
Assigned : Except it's not a problem with the ADSL, it's a problem on your end because you are using an incomplete system to overly restrict your customers.

And even though I expect problems to occur, it is pathetic how you don't keep your customers informed. You keep saying "as soon as possible" and that's not good enough.

The fact that it may only effect a "few" customers is not an excuse for not explaining the problem on the service status page - that's what the page is for! I feel you're just trying to hide the fact that your service is so problematic.

2006-05-11
15:29:24
I apperciate that the problems experianced our from our side but still we cannot give compensation for this. As for the time scale we cannot give exact detials as if we did get you an exact time and date and it wasnt to be fixed it would creat more contacts. We will do everything we can to update you as and when we can.
Mand
Grafter

VMBU not been reset

Hi

The underlying issue has been resolved and all customer's affected will have their usage reset today.
rz2k7
Grafter

VMBU not been reset

Thanks for that Mand. Cheesy
N/A

VMBU not been reset

Hi

The underlying issue has been resolved and all customer's affected will have their usage reset today.

Now why can't the bloody support team give a straight answer like thatHuh
Mand
Grafter

VMBU not been reset

Hi
The support team have now been made fully aware of these updates, however the fix was only put in place recently.
N/A

VMBU not been reset

By the way, I expect my usage to be reset to zero, because I've had to use a severely restricted service at peak times.
Mand
Grafter

VMBU not been reset

It will be reset to zero today.