Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU not accurate at all - not happy - FAO plusnet

apollo1
Grafter

Hi

Early Thursday morning (1AM) i started downloading the ISO image of Windows Vista beta from the Microsoft site (3.2GB)

However when i check my VMBU it says i used 2.07 GB on WEDNESDAY'S PAID FOR USAGE (between 8am - midnight)

How is this possible if i started the download at 1am THURSDAY (FREE USAGE)?!?!?!?!

it shows only 1.52GB for the free usage

Not happy my paid for usage is being taken away for downloading after midnight

Plusnet please reply

Gray
6 REPLIES
N/A

I assume that you have raised a ticket for this. This problem has been discussed in the forums in the last 2 weeks, I even asked the question whether the VMBU are working on GMT.

All PAYG customers should raise a question at each billing date and query the extra charges for bandwidth.
Zerocrop

Yes, I'm now convinced that PN are not operating on GMT. The free usage starts for me at 1.00am.

I've done a few little tests over the last few nights, downloading stuff between 11 and 12, then between 12 and 1, then 1 and 2. All the usage between 12 and 1 gets charged to the previous day.

I've not yet had time to try the hour between 8 and 9 in the morning.
N/A

this would also explain why my peak time usage appears more than it should do, interesting.
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Re: VMBU not accurate at all - not happy - FAO plusnet

Plusnet please reply

I'm not sure what joy you'll have with a PlusNet reply :-(

You might like to read this thread (and there are others), if you haven't already:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44205

--
Neil
apollo1
Grafter

well if its happening to alot of people, its cetainly a major problem that Plusnet cannot ignore.

Hopefully they will give a staus on this........

Gray
apollo1
Grafter

It certainly seems that way, annoying how i schedule big downloads for free usage and not clog up the network only to find they put your usage wrong anyway.

Gray

quote="mglrobinson"]Yes, I'm now convinced that PN are not operating on GMT. The free usage starts for me at 1.00am.

I've done a few little tests over the last few nights, downloading stuff between 11 and 12, then between 12 and 1, then 1 and 2. All the usage between 12 and 1 gets charged to the previous day.

I've not yet had time to try the hour between 8
and 9 in the morning.