Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU has not reset on new billing month

ed
Grafter

My new billing month reset to May 21 2006 - Jun 20 2006

but the VMBU measuring system has not reset! I'm stuck at level 3 and my dughter is moaning that MSN dont work still.

Can anyone help?

By the way i brought another referal to f9 this month!

does f9 not worry that if it loses its referers it will lose new business?
15 REPLIES
ed
Grafter

OK I've only used 17Gb of peak so according to this my account should be working normal now?

Residential Broadband - sustainable peak-time usage

Product Warning email sent Restrictions applied
Premier
Option 1 24GB 30GB
Premier
Option 2 36GB 45GB
Premier
Option 3 48GB 60GB
Plus 8GB 10GB

Peak-time is 4pm - Midnight. Peak-times and bandwidth values may change over time as usage patterns change.

Restrictions applied for unsustainable usage

Warning Email
We send you a warning email when your usage reaches 80% of your product's sustainable usage level. This gives you an opportunity to avoid having peak-time restrictions placed on your service.

Exceeding maximum monthly peak-time usage - first occasion
If you exceed the maximum monthly peak-time usage for your product, the following restrictions will apply to your service until your next billing date.

All Internet activities will be available at speeds up to 128Kbps at all times.
You can have the restrictions lifted immediately if you upgrade to a product with a higher peak-time usage allowance.

Exceeding maximum monthly peak-time usage - second occasion
If you should exceed the maximum monthly peak-time usage for the same product on a second occasion, the same restriction will be applied. However, they will only be lifted if you upgrade to a product with a higher usage allowance **.

This 'two-strikes' process is repeated each time that you upgrade to an account with a higher peak-time allowance.
N/A

But, don't forget the restrictions applied by Traffic Management over peak-times, with the first slowdown at 10Gb/15Gb/20Gb, then a superb 1/2 Meg connection at 15Gb/22.5Gb/30Gb.

Jeez, this is so complicated. With this and the MAX fiasco, no wonder support calls are high Tongue
N/A

Yes, it's all very confusing, and compared to how f9 used to be, it's a complete shambles.

It'd be easier to live with if it was at all understandable. I dont mind limits, I do mind limits that I cant understand.

Could it be that the limit is removed a month after it's imposed, to try to stop people from using their connections over the limit at the end of their billing month, because they know it'll be reset very soon?
ed
Grafter

Well I seem to be on my 2nd day of a new billing month now and still at 512kbps (level 3 warning) and i can't see any reason in the documentation as to why?

My daughter said her MSN was working again though :/
ed
Grafter

"The bandwidth reset script was run on Sunday 21/05/06 at 16:39. I hope this helps. "

I MSN back on, and speed back to 2mbps, but little bit worried that the usage measuring tool still claims im on level 3 restrictions :shock:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'm not sure why VMBU hadn't reset, can you check it again now because it's showing OK on our side now, it's possible that the page was cached I guess, but it should be fine now.
edbangor
Grafter

Mine hasn't reset either.
It should have done so on thursday, but the download totals are still increasing (not reset to zero.) although I'm not over any limits, and I'm not been throatled yet!

Interestingly, "View this Months Usage" has expanded to cover a two month period - April 28th to June 25 !!!!

Did someone cancel May and not tell me? :?
And if they did, can I have my money back. :lol:
DJ1UK
Grafter

My VMBU hasn't reset either. Should have been last Thurs/Friday. My usage shows as over 2 months now!

I'm aware that F9 are aware of the problem at ...

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1149343860.htm

But when will this be fixed?

Regards

John
edbangor
Grafter

Mine was fix a couple of days ago, although it had been out for well over a week, and had triggered the start of the "Peak time" warnings (thankfully I didn't quite go over the real limit)
During that time I kept informing "Contact Us" every two days, but never really got a 'proper' reply, until I suggested they turned off the management tool until the problem was sort.
Strangely that, ticket got a reply in under two minutes.... can you guess the answer, boys and girls?
DJ1UK
Grafter

Yeah mine was stuck for over a week, but I sent a ticket and strangly they replied that they couldn't see a fault - it had been corrected once I send the contact ticket.

John.
gaptag
Dabbler

My VMBU hasn't reset either. Should have been last Thurs/Friday. My usage shows as over 2 months now!

I'm aware that F9 are aware of the problem at ...

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1149343860.htm

But when will this be fixed?

Regards

John

My VMBU hasn't been reset either. Billing date was 9th June, and service notes (in My Questions section) shows an entry claiming that bandwidth usage was reset on the 9th, which it wasn't.

As with your case, my VMBU has now just extended it's "month" to 8th July.

I raised a ticket yesterday, but heard nothing. I see the link you posted above states that the developers only think it affects people with a billing date of 26th - think they need to add the 9th to their list as myself and 2-3 others have the same problem on ADSLGuide's forums.
quartzsoft
Dabbler

I'm having the same problem (billing date is 9th of the month). My VMBU currently shows my "month" runs from 16th May to 9th July. I posted a ticket and had no response after 6 hours so I called the support line. After waiting nearly 25 minutes at 21:00 on a Sunday night I finally got to speak to Mark Poole who told me that there is nothing CSC can do to correct this. A developer needs to come in and make a manual correction to the database!

I had the same problem last month and despite pointing out the cause of the problem on my initial ticket details it took F9 6 days to "reset my account" and fix the problem. Hence my billing period for May starting on the 16th.

It appears that there are numerous problem IDs for this. I have been told that my problem has been added to case 32080, yet todays status report mentions case 32865 and last week we were told by Dave Tomlinson that everything had been resolved. Perfect communication from F9 on this one then!

I am just about to break my 10Gb usage limit and will therefore be subject to traffic management within the next few hours. I have asked what compensation I will be given for this as it has now happened twice in two months. F9 were happy to tell me as quickly as they could that I am entitled to nothing as lack of service is not a breach of their T&Cs. I find this hard to believe and I'm sure that both my credit card company, trading standards and OFCOM will have a very different view.

I'm a professional software developer and this whole fiasco just smacks of a bunch of cowboy developers trying things until they get it right. I suggest the traffic management system is removed from production use until such time as it has been fully tested.
N/A

I have just had exactly the same. I went over my 10Gb limit 2 months ago and was capped - fair enough. have been away so the pc was left running and had about 1.8 Gb of download. over the last 3 weeks. i noticed before I went away that my limit had not been reset att the start of the new billing month. I have now just come back and found at the second billing month from when they capped me I now have a seconf warning for dowloading 800mb great fantastic. i think that i want my money back as they are not supplying the service i paid for.

i have only moved to F9 in the last 4 months on the recommendation from a friend. Thanks god that i took the 1 months notice package with no equipment. It looks like it is time to ask for my MAC code allready.
N/A

is my account over the limit I only get downloads at 2mbps on an 8mbps service and I have never gone over the limit at all and I have been stuck on this since may so why is it happening?

Puddy