cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU broken, or is it just me?

N/A

Having taken a look at my VMBU status, it shows that in the last 10 days I have absolutely zero useage on 8 of them, despite the fact that I have been actively using the connection every day.

So, I raised a question to plusnet on saturday, and it took 51 hours for a response - so much for the 11 hour average response time.

And their response....

We are not showing you as being connected during this period, can you please confirm if you have been connected or not?

The wording of my original question should have lead them to understand that I was using the connection but it wasn't registering. Otherwise why would i have asked such a question in the first place?

Guess I'll have to wait another 2 days for someone to look at it again and ask another silly question.

Plusnet, you used to provide a good service, but now it's just getting silly.

I've already made the move to pay for website hosting and email to be handled by someone else, so if things don't improve there's nothing to make me want to stay. I predict a MAC code request coming soon!

Martin
16 REPLIES
N/A

Maybe your usage is showing on my account. I have 2.4GB usage when I have only used a few hundred MB and usage when I know I have not been connected. At this rate I will soon be throttled without having used the bandwidth - but having paid of course.

Raised a ticket but as you say the predicted time for answer is seems optimistic at best.
N/A

An update....

In typical PlusNet style .... I replied to their stupid ticket question (see the top post) 52 HOURS AGO and still no response.

VMBU now recording over 2 weeks of ZERO useage days.

On the plus side, I'm making plenty of use of the unmeasured connection while it lasts :lol:

Martin
Ianwild
Grafter

Thanks Martin - I'm guessing a lot of people might not be as honest as you.

If I can just clear up one thing - From a support perspective it was a reasonable question. If our radius servers are showing no connection, it's not intrinsically linked to the systems that monitor usage (and it's not uncommon for people to find they are not using the connection they thought they were :-)). We do need to be sure of that before we look further.

I will make sure this is escalated in the morning for you - I do suspect it's a one off issue if you are not being registered on Radius under your username, and I'd love to know what's up there.

Ian
N/A

Thanks for the swift reply Ian!

It would be nice if the guys handling the tickets (sorry - questions) were as quick.

In this particular case I'm not really bothered as my connection is working, and although I'm using it I am on the "PAYG 15gig special offer a/c" and never get anywhere near that limit anyway. This month would probably be no different even if all my useage had been recorded.

I look foward to hearing the outcome once you follow it up tomorrow.

And for extra info .... i'm connected to ptn-ag1 and according to my router this has been the case for just over 17 days without a disconnection.

Regards
Martin
N/A

... If our radius servers are showing no connection, it's not intrinsically linked to the systems that monitor usage

Well then what is it linked to?

There has been numerous posts on this site complaining about the VMBU: if you have not been monitoring the complaints from PlusNet customers then shame on you.
James
Grafter

As Ian mentioned, he is curious as to what the problem is, which means that he will be looking into it.

We do care. No matter what you think, customer focus is our #1 ethos.
N/A

customer focus is our #1 ethos.

Well that's reassuring I suppose: if I knew what that meant.
James
Grafter

It means that is what we are here to do.

Anyway, I've been at it since 8:30. Really need some sleep now Smiley Night!
N/A

... Night!

Well what can be said to that reply?

Cop out perhaps Wink ?
James
Grafter

Or it could possibly mean I'm extremely tired and I've been working for the last 18 hours. Just brushing up at home then up at 7.30.

Unless you have any particular issues with my working an additional 9 hours to my contracted time.
N/A

Unless you have any particular issues with my working an additional 9 hours to my contracted time.

That is something you should take up with the company who employ you, not a customer.
James
Grafter

No in the slighest. Firstly, I really suck at going to sleep. Secondly, I have no issues with putting in the hours. Thirdly, I asked you if you had a problem with me working twice my alloted hours and stating that I was going to bed.
N/A

Get a room girls - Wink
James
Grafter

Fair point Smiley