cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU and the DTW clash-AGAIN!!

N/A

I don't think I need to go into details but I have had problems with the clash of the above mentioned scripts for the last five months (proof can be provided if needed).

Once more I'm restricted by the VMBU and the Data Transfer Watch...

I can post on these forums but can't access the world wide web. Sad

I have screen shots of the various dates that could possibly be brought in to explain these anomalies, if needs be.

Would PlusNet PLC re-adjust my usage data and allow me the use the amount of the allocated data that I have already paid for this billing month please?
13 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there

I've given the open problem a nudge, and will chase it later today.

A temporary measure would be to up your Data Transfer limit, which at least would let you browse, however it is clear that you should not be restricted.
N/A

I too am still not convinced at the accuracy of the VMBU. For example I switched off my router at 0745 yesterday and didn't switch it on till 0815 this morning. I still managed to use 1.3 mb of peak usage with the outer switched off!

I am on PAYG so my peak usage is 0800 - midnight.
N/A

A temporary measure would be to up your Data Transfer limit, which at least would let you browse, however it is clear that you should not be restricted.

Hi Mand

Thanks for having a look at this continuing problem once more. I had hoped that for the first time in five billing months that I wouldn't have to go through all this trouble again. Sad

If I elect to buy extra data transfer for £1.50 per 2GB would I be charged for this on my next billing date?
N/A

Background noise.

I too am still not convinced at the accuracy of the VMBU. For example I switched off my router at 0745 yesterday and didn't switch it on till 0815 this morning. I still managed to use 1.3 mb of peak usage with the outer switched off!
quote]

This is caused by background traffic even when your device is off packets maybe destined for your IP address. these get counted.

if you use say a p2p app, when you finish and disconnec for a limited period other people out there might still be try to get pieces from you.

1.3mb is nothing is a floopy disk of data.
N/A

I have increased my data from £14.99 to £17.49, waited a few minutes as per instructions, switched off my router and disconnected my telephone for 15 minutes. Tried to browse but still getting the:

http://www.plus.net/data_transfer_limit.php

So; that hasn't worked Mand; anymore suggestions?

I wouldn't mind being able to get on-line sometime this afternoon please because there is a bank holiday looming...
N/A

Re: Background noise.

1.3mb is nothing is a floopy disk of data.

I appreciate that which is why I don't intend to raise a ticket or make an issue of it, it just highlights the issue.
N/A

I would really appreciate it if you would resolve this problem as soon as possible.

PlusNet customers should not have to beg for an internet connection because of problems the company are experiencing at the moment; whatever they may be.

Would you please sort yourselves out and allow me to carry on using the service I have paid for...
N/A

Still no connection: I had hoped that the problem would be fixed yesterday.

Any chance that it will be fixed today?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there

I've performed some maintenance on your account which should resolve this for you. Let me know if it still occurs after a disconnect and reconnect.
N/A

Whatever maintenance you did to my account Mand, it worked and I'm now able to use my connection. Thank you.

Would you post and say exactly what sort of maintenance you had to do so that I can point to this post the next time it happens?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there John

Glad to hear you're back browsing again.

What I did was just a temporary measure whilst the problem continues to be investigated. Basically involves reenabling the account and then refreshing the ADSL component on your account. This removes any restrictions and restores the ADSL to default.
N/A

What I did was just a temporary measure whilst the problem continues to be investigated.

Thank you Mand. I'm able to refer to this posting in the future and hopefully one of the CS agents or Comms team will be able to do what you have just done.

I realise that this fault is not high on the priority list but it would be good if it could be fixed soonish though.
N/A

Well it just had to happen to me again! Sad

My new billing month started today and although I'm able to use the internet there is a message on the VMBU page informing me that I have gone over my limit and I'm being charged for another 2GB.

You have exceeded your allowance. Your usage has been extended by 2GB - charged at £1.80 on your next bill (£1.80 per 2GB).

Now, as we all know, if I set my Data Transfer Watch to cut me off at 2GB I shouldn't be able to exceed my allowance.

It seems that the two scripts are once more not working in unison hence the above charge being added, I assume to my next billing month.

Would somebody take a look at this problematic script please?

It would be good if the threatened charge of £1.80 was removed also. Wink