cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMBU - Oh the joys...

Discostoo
Grafter

VMBU - Oh the joys...

Hello PN. I got your email and i'm sorry for using so much peak-time bandwidth this month. It's uncharacteristic of me to use quite that much. It's the World Cup you see, and living in the hell-hole otherwise known as Lincoln i can pick up every channel from my aerial in perfect quality from various recievers (yorkshire, east midlands) apart from BBC1, ever since they changed some transmitter signals a few weeks back.

So i'm streaming the world cup games, generally at 8pm, some at 5pm. And its using a lot of bandwidth. but this is the future is it not? why have these features if we're penalised for using them? I'm just glad i haven't been re-graded (reading these forums i really am!).

I'm just concerned about the VMBU not having much under "streaming" and loads under P2P. granted, i do use certain P2P's (linux iso's.....) :lol: but i tend to keep these after the witching hour to avoid you Sheffield Steely Wrath. I thought that BBC multicasting and live TV would be under streaming?

Anyway, for the last 5 or so months, PlusNet have been very reliable. Well Done.

PS: i have to complain about something, so the new "pink" banner gets it. Weren't PN team colours always Purple and Orange?
5 REPLIES
thecookhouse
Grafter

VMBU - Oh the joys...

My VMBU shows gbs of p2p at times when my PC was switched off.
N/A

VMBU - Oh the joys...

My VMBU is shot to b*****y with huge amounts (by my standards) during "peak time" and less huge amounts off peak when I set my PC free of shackles!

I'm angry and looking for a ship to jump to, free Orange when you have their phone is interesting although it's Freeserve really!
Discostoo
Grafter

VMBU - Oh the joys...

it's mad tho!

According to my VMBU i've had over 50Gb of P2P, 12.5 Gb of "other" and only around the 1Gb mark of Streaming. Billing date is 25th...hurry up!!
N/A

VMBU - Oh the joys...

Where can you get the breakdown of the stats into P2P etc?
Discostoo
Grafter

VMBU - Oh the joys...

if you go into the vmbu, go to "view my usage history", and then "view internet activities". There's probably a quicker way, this might workHuh?

https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php?&strAction=BREAKDOWN