cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBMU accuracy

FooAtari
Grafter

VBMU accuracy

I want to check the accuracy of the VBMU for my use.

Can anyone recommend free monitoring software that will monitor my router (linksys wag54g) preferably, or at the very lest data sent to a from the PC?

I had level 1 management applied for the first last month and while I did watch a large amount of streaming content over E3 I thought it funny it seems to have happened at the time as the new VBMU as been brought in, and just wanted to see how accurate it is.

Thanks Smiley
2 REPLIES
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

VBMU accuracy

The WAG54G supports SNMP, which can be used to monitor data throughput. There used to be a bug in the WAG54G whereby upstream was always reported as 0 - I don't know if that has been fixed.

If SNMP is now working correctly, you can use a monitoring tool such as PRTG Traffic Grapher http://www.paessler.com/?ref=PRTG5HOME to monitor and log all traffic coming into your router.

This is what I do, and I'm seeing a 10% difference between what VMBU claims and what is logged for my ADSL port on my router via SNMP!!! This question has been raised in a number of threads recently, but so far I don't thing there has been any reaction from Plusnet reps. on the claims that the VMBU logging is wrong.

Regards, Neil
FooAtari
Grafter

VBMU accuracy

Thanks! Ill give that a go tonight...