Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utter Madness!!!

Ziggur
Grafter

Utter Madness!!!

"Save money and make life easier
----------------------------
You already save money on your broadband with PlusNet, why not save money on your telephone line rental too?"

These are the opening lines of a PlusNet email received today.

I lost my broadband connection 3 days ago.
Router diagnostics show that my line is in Sync and that I am connected to the local exchange. The right lights are showing on the router. I have not been Maxed.

No response to my ticket 19391611 since 16th.

Asked James Bailey on another Forum for help. He said that he had raised the issue internally yesterday.

Still no response - still no broadband connection.

But the good news is that I can "Save money and make life easier"

Utter, utter madness
Cry
7 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Utter Madness!!!

It would appear that the automated system hasn't been behaving itself when trying to deal with your particular fault. I've contacted one of our faults guys, so that they can take a look at the issue for you and then push it through to BT if it's a BT fault, or advise you further if the fault lies elsewhere.
N/A

Re: Utter Madness!!!

" You already save money on your broadband with PlusNet, why not save money on your telephone line rental too?"

I pondered the same question/email yesterday.

My conclusion:

Firstly, although I've never had the need to ring customer services, the service levels that it has been delivering for some months, are evidently not sufficient, for me to entrust something as important as my landline to Plusnet.

Secondly, it will take a sustained period of calm, before I could be convinced that Plusnet would not persistently change the landline offering, in the manner that they've done to Broadband.

Thirdly, I think that there's been a marked deterioration in the reliability of Plusnet's network in the past few months, which will leave questions about its robustness, until they get back to previous levels, for a sustained period.
octafish
Grafter

Utter Madness!!!

lost my broadband connection 3 days ago.
Router diagnostics show that my line is in Sync

Get this. Same happened on a related account. No connection but synch light green.

Solved this yesterday, 18th May, by changing from PPPoA to PPPoE despite PPPoA being the recommended setting and the one which worked up until 10th May.

A solution is a solution even if it is a mystery.

Steve
N/A

Thirdly, I think that there's been a marked deterioration in the reliability of Plusnet's network in the past few months, which will leave questions about its robustness, until they get back to previous levels, for a sustained period.

Fourthly, if you stick with BT and use a third party provider such a s Primus for your calls, it works out cheaper than plusnet's offer!
N/A

Utter Madness!!!

Yes the email came from Customer Support which I've not had much joy with in the last few weeks - it been automated repsonses usually with little regard to the actual query.

After weeks of seriously delayed emails and lost emails there's no way I want my landline anywhere near PN! In fact I've used it more in the last month than in the past 2 years since joining PN as I've had to follow up so many things made problematic due to my emails being so erratic.

Also - I have an extra service from BT -as I suspect many no. I use CallerID which is invaluable. I can see no place on PN's website as to the cost of these extra services if one changed to them. I wonder if they are provided or even at what price. Plus - here's betting as soon as a load of people have signed up with rental with PN they switch their deals constantly and everyone ends up worse off than BT with little clout to do anything about it and a sense of lethargy to act upon it like has happened with the bradband packages which I've now lost the plot on as to what and what and good deal versus bad deal. Plus switching seems to incur expense anyway so one tends not too.

Maybe we could persuade EasyJet to get into the broadband business as I've got to the point where I want a no frills and transparent deal for my broadband service. One that works and get my emails form a to b 99% of the time (although not sure a comparison to EasyJet would fit that criteria!)

All my eggs in one basket? I think not! And certainly not PN's!!!

I use BT for line rental, Onetel for inland calls, Superline for overseas calls, PN for broadband currently but would be interested if others have a better solution.
N/A

Fourthly, if you stick with BT and use a third party provider such a s Primus for your calls, it works out cheaper than plusnet's offer!

I was being polite, by keeping it to 3 reasons. :lol:
Ziggur
Grafter

Utter Madness!!!

I've contacted one of our faults guys, so that they can take a look at the issue for you and then push it through to BT if it's a BT fault, or advise you further if the fault lies elsewhere.

Thanks Jon.