cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Analog with WebStats

Eserim
Rising Star

Using Analog with WebStats

Whislt I know the advice elsewhere on the site is to use Webalizer to analyse our stats ourselves - as this prog hasn't been updated for sometime it must have difficulty recognising newer browsers.

Plus I am haoppy with Analog for my work stats.

however I cannot get Analog to work with the webstats generated by +net - it just reportsall the records as bad lines.

Can anyone offer any explanation/help?

Cheers

CH
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Using Analog with WebStats

> Can anyone offer any explanation/help?

Hi,

Can you just confirm that you are downloading the logs from the /logs file of your webspace?

As far as I know the output in that file is the standard Apache log output...

If you can confirm the above I will look into this some more for you.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
Eserim
Rising Star

Yep using the standard log files in the right folder and all I get is bad lines.

CH

PS Off topic - any plans to intriduce a ASP/MS Access facility for the site?
N/A

Hi,

The log files are standard CLF (Common Logifile Format) as far as I know. Are there any analog forums or help groups you could investigate? We used to use analog ourselves, but gave it up in preference for Webalizer.

We don't have any immediate plans to introduce ASP. This would add additional costs (Mostly in terms of licensing) to our platform for which we don't believe there would be the demand to justify. The beauty of PHP and open source protocols is that they don't cost anything, which is why we are able to offer such excellant value with our accounts!

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support