cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet

N/A

Usenet

Am I alone in getting virtually no speed whatsoever trying to access the NG's? I have been a naughty boy :roll: and was on a "Level 2" warning which should have finished yesterday, am I still being "punished" or is everyone else having problems?
9 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Usenet

Have you been emailed to say that your management has been lifted? If you've not yet received this then it is most likely that you're still on your level 2 management.
N/A

Usenet

Thanks for the reply JW, no e-mail, I assumed that when this month's sub was extracted today things would return to normal. Especially reading this part of the e-mail I got when "Level 2" came into operation:

Your Broadband service will continue to be managed until your next billing
date at which time peak-time usage management will be removed. If your peak
usage continues to increase further peak-time usage management levels may
be applied to your service.

Ah spotted this ticket thingy:

Bandwidth usage has been reset

Looks like Usenet is just a bit overloaded.
avalon
Grafter

Usenet

I noticed you haven't posted much so assume you don't visit often. Were you aware of this.
N/A

Usenet

I noticed you haven't posted much so assume you don't visit often. Were you aware of this.

Thanks for the pointer but I had noticed this, I do keep an eye on the forums.

I'm with Giganews and still getting very slow speeds ie barely moving at all Sad
N/A

Usenet

Hmmmm still getting a speed of 0 - 1kps! Anything I can check to try and find out what on earth is happening? Help!

The general connection speed is fine though some web pages seem to be slow loading.

Just discovered I'm getting 0 - 1 kps on P2P as well..... How wonderful.

Can anyone suggests an ISP that actually works?
N/A

Usenet

You have had your Bandwidth usage reset yes, but have you had an email to say you have had the management taken off.

This side of things appears to be a little slower than the applying of the limits. I suggest you open a ticket to the CSC and request for the removal of the management.

The bandwidth usage is simply a meter that looks at how much you have used. The profile is the one that determines what speed you get on protocols. What I cannot understand though is why you are seeing between 0 and 1 kb/s as level 2 is 256kbps which should permit you to use 30kb/s.

What package have you got if you dont mind me asking?

Regards,
N/A

Usenet

I'm not being managed (never have) but header retrieval is a little slow (approx 20k/sec) as are binary downloads (spiking between 50 and 130k/sec). This is no doubt due to general traffic shaping, and the platform slowly dying.
N/A

Usenet

You have had your Bandwidth usage reset yes, but have you had an email to say you have had the management taken off.

This side of things appears to be a little slower than the applying of the limits. I suggest you open a ticket to the CSC and request for the removal of the management.

The bandwidth usage is simply a meter that looks at how much you have used. The profile is the one that determines what speed you get on protocols. What I cannot understand though is why you are seeing between 0 and 1 kb/s as level 2 is 256kbps which should permit you to use 30kb/s.

What package have you got if you dont mind me asking?

Regards,

Thanks for the reply, I am on the 2mb Premier account. I have now received the “Bandwidth Limit” now restored e-mail, before this I did raise a ticket to my speed issue. Things have improved now Usenet is downloading at @30 - 50k (not unusual in peak times) and P2P is @2kps though :-(
N/A

Usenet

I'm not being managed (never have) but header retrieval is a little slow (approx 20k/sec) as are binary downloads (spiking between 50 and 130k/sec). This is no doubt due to general traffic shaping, and the platform slowly dying.

Much thanks indeed for the reply. As mentioned above I'm now getting @30 - 50kbs, which as you say is often the case during peak times :-(