cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet

N/A

Usenet

When is this going to be fixed, has been slow for weeks now, wasn't this meant to be done tues? I've just tried to access uk.comp.sys.laptops and it took half a min to show three messages on 2mb connection....
ChrisC
7 REPLIES
N/A

Usenet

It's been said in the Plusnet support newsgroup that for text groups alone text.usenet.plus.net may work better.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Usenet

text.usenet.plus.net will work a whole lot better, even at busy times.
N/A

Usenet

Ok, thx for your replies, I'll give it a go...
ChrisC
N/A

Usenet

How do I make use of text.usenet.plus.net? Can I just clone my news.plus.net configuration or do I have to download the newsgroup list again and repopulate all my newsgroups? I.e. is the article numbering etc the same or do I have to start all over again? I normally have 7 days of messages on my local spool for offline reading and I dread having to download everything all over again and then trying to figure out which threads I've read and which are new etc, especially as I am in the middle of various discussions on several newsgroups.
I am using Xnews at present.

It's a shame details on the new news server weren't posted to the support newsgroup whilst it was still possible to load it via news.plus.net, or announced somewhere prominently on this website (I can never find news about anything on this website other than the service status page which doesn't usually have the info I need).
N/A

Usenet

At about 01 a.m. today the Usenet was totally unusable.
No at 19:30 I just checked the status page,
it says 17:xx Usenet probems RESOVED !

NO WAY, NOT by a long chalk !
I have been sitting here watching my Usenet synchronisation stuck for past 15 minutes !!!
Pathetic...
Martin
JonathanW
Grafter

Usenet

Hi,

You should be able to clone your current configuration, though obviously if this doesn't work you might have to redownload the groups list. Though its all part of the same platform, so there's nothing obvious that says it won't work.

@wester, which server are you using? As if you're on a Plus package and still using usenet.plus.net this would explain your slow speeds.
N/A

Usenet

Yes, I am on Plus, and yes I was on the one and only usenet server I knew of !

WHY weren't we advised to change to the 'text' only server Huh