cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet speed poll

N/A

Usenet speed poll

Usenet has become so slow for me, I'm going to have to cancel my Supernews account.

From the masses of posts I've seen involving slow newsgroup access, please allow me to post a poll to find out if anyone is actually experiencing good transfer rates.
9 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Usenet speed poll

We are aware that usenet is not as good as it could be at the moment, however we will be making an announcement about it in the near future.
N/A

Usenet speed poll

Last week, the announcement was going to be this week. Now it's "in the near future".

Is that before or after Christmas?

I'd keep my news server account and change my ISP.

Oops, too late, I already did!

Sorry I can't vote in your poll watty2000.
Community Veteran

Usenet speed poll

We are aware that usenet is not as good as it could be at the moment, however we will be making an announcement about it in the near future.

Ben, are you reffering to the plusnet usenet platform or all usenet. The OP is not using the plusnet service.
N/A

Usenet speed poll

There is an update re usenet due tommorow at 18:00 hours, according to the service status page. I am hoping this is the 'news' which the comms team keep alluding to.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Usenet speed poll

Usenet performance as a whole is currently being looked into, unfortunately at the moment we don't have any more information on this. When we do, we will let you all know about it.
N/A

Usenet speed poll

Ben,

I know its slightly off topic, but everytime a thread is raised where a response is required, primariliy to keep the customer happy, and provide the same service which they "believed" they subscribed to, why do PN's representatives, continually provide no actual answers other than

"an announcement wil be made soon" or
"we will let you know in the future" or
"Im sorry we are not in a position to answer that right now"
"we will introduce changes but not bother to tell anyone because..."

Don't you think that this continued attitude will only be detrimental to PN, particularly as i see an increase in unsatisfied customers.

Additionally, i see quite regularly peoples dissatisfaction, but it is only met with singualr responses such as if you are unhappy u can complain, migrate yada yada, but i never see,

"we are looking into that issue and realise that PN are not on the forefront of customer service at the moment but are striving to keep our customers happy and the problem is, or we are introducing"

unfortuantely people do not take a liking in most cases to paint a target on their head by complaining directly (hence i beleive some of this dissatisfaction from the forums should be bulleted and fed back to the board), people are not stupid and they should be treated so.

I understand it may not be yours or other members of the support teams position to comment, but do you not think it is beginning to take the mickey [i would have been harsher if only for censorship] a little or maybe "a lot"

People at the end of the day want straight answers, not promises or maybes or we dont know.

I for one am upset that an SUP has been introduced without discussion or notification (well in my case anyway) and at present im only getting d/l speeds of between 9k and 41k, I have already established the cause yet it is purposely ignored, or forgotten about.

https://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33997

Cheers
N/A

Usenet speed poll

Ben,

Thanks for the prompt response Smiley Usenet has always been a significantly important part of my internet experience and as you can understand, to see it degraded to the point where my old BT Broadband 512Kb account yielded twice the transfer rate my current 2Mb connection delivers is not acceptable. (my maximum nowadays hovers round 25KB/s)

I *am* relieved that PN have acknowledged a problem here and I eagerly await the announcement. Notwithstanding, if the announcement doesn't positively address the problem in a reasonable time, I'll reluctantly be looking elsewhere.

Sad

EDIT:

@infosec

I appreciate your point about the elusive "near future" announcements but that's just business for you. Remember, Ben Brown and Dave Tomlinson etc are not directors; they are communications managers at the sharp end, they don't dictate the company's policies but they have to answer for them. These guys dedicate their evenings to helping Plusnet users in distress!
N/A

Usenet speed poll

And I quote my previous comment:

"I understand it may not be yours or other members of the support teams position to comment"
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Usenet speed poll

Hi,

I wish I could just give you a simple answer, but unfortunately I can't. There is a plan being laid out for Usenet, but because the plan hasn't been signed off it would be wrong for me to say what was being included in the plan because it might change.

It is our priority to get this information out as soon as possible, but at the moment we're waiting on final signoff.