cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet slow since start of month

N/A

Has anyone else noticed Usenet running slowly since the start of this month? (When all the 15GB limits were reset).

I could barely get 20k/sec out of it today.

I guess that 15GB limit is really working well... :?
9 REPLIES
Wheelie
Grafter

Not at all, if you are having speed problem than maybe you should raise a ticket.
N/A

I honestly don't think they give a Link:censored whether us 15GBer's have problems on Usenet or not.
N/A

Nope, was downloading at 118kb\s overnight. I haven't used my 15gb though. If you have then that is about normal at peak time (combination of 30kb\s and bronze queue). I found overnight rates fine after they changed it last month, though (didn't breach 15gb til late in the month).
Wheelie
Grafter

In all honesty I do well over 20GB a month and I tend to do most of it between midnight and 6am, I have only seen one problem with my speed and I phoned them and sorted it out there and then from memory it was the pipe I was on, like I said talk to them first.

There no reason to take that attitude or even use that kind language.
N/A

Fair enough.

I'll raise a ticket about it.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Have you tried rebooting all your equipment (PC and modem/router) and reconnecting? If you've not done 15GB in December then unless there's any exchange side contention you should be able to download at full speed.
N/A

Usenets working fine for me full speed..(untill i reach the dreaded 15gig...lol)

now if plus.net would just extended the off peak time for usenet i'll be happy..... Cheesy
N/A

Guess it was just me. It seems to be ok now.

:sheepish:
Wheelie
Grafter

Pleased to see you got it working again Smiley