cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet restrictions have made service completely unuseable.

N/A

I use the std. Broadband Plus service.

The recent changes have made usenet completely unuseable. My average useage over the last three months range between 7-10GB. Now any attempt to use NNTP takes a ridiculously long time (eg. 20 minutes to retrieve a 3000 line article).

Plusnet have been overly heavy handed in their approch to this *upgrade* (cough).

I, as I suspect many others, will be voting with their feet and going elsewhere unless things change for the better and quickly. Over the last month I have had an extented service outage (9 days) and now this nonsense. Things are NOT LOOKING GOOD!

Plusnet are gaining a poor reputation for their draconian actions towards their customers. Their philosophy of less for more needs to change.
START GIVING VALUE FOR MONEY!
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

oops Shockedops:

Edited after seeing Bens post.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Broadband Plus is an entry level package and it is not designed with binary usenet in mind, so the recent changes will not have improved usenet for people with this account type.

If you are using text usenet you will find the service to be improved by using the server text.usenet.plus.net instead of usenet.plus.net.
N/A

the recent changes will not have improved usenet for people

Never a truer word.
N/A

it is not designed with binary usenet in mind

lol neither is premier
N/A

Broadband Plus ...is not designed

The Plusnet Comms team is now recruiting... and..

"As well as the competitve salary, the right candidate will also receive, free Broadband and VOIP minutes, a company pension scheme, free lunches and share options."

I see...

BTW there's no such thing as a free lunch (or unthrottled Plusnet Broadband)...