cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet not working?

N/A

Usenet not working?

Is anything wrong with usenet.plus.net? Nothing on service status, but my newsreader is not connecting to the server.

Raised a ticket a couple of hours ago but no response yet and still not connecting.

I use Newshound which is an Outlook add-on, and my email is working fine so don't know what to do apart from raise a ticket.
TIA
9 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Usenet not working?

Hiya,

Which news server are you trying?

news.plus.net
text.news.plus.net

Do they work?
topfisher
Grafter

Usenet not working?

The latter doesn't work.
James
Grafter

Usenet not working?

The latter doesn't work.

Odd. It does here.
N/A

Usenet not working

I've had the account set up as usenet.plus.net for a while, I used to have it set to text.news.plus.net

Just changed the account details to news.plus.net and it still isn't working - won't make a connection.

Also just tried text.news.plus.net and that isn't working either.

Is this a general problem or is it just me? Is there any other server I can try?
Thanks
James
Grafter

Usenet not working?

news.easynews.com
topfisher
Grafter

Usenet not working?

The latter doesn't work.

Odd. It does here.

It does work. Had it setup wrong.
N/A

Usenet not working?

I have now uninstalled and reinstalled Newshound twice, trying both times to set up a new account using news.easynews.com and news.plus.net and text.news.plus.net

I got a download of newsgroups on news.easynews.com, but then failed to connect to server when I tried to download headers.

Could someone tell me why this is happening as it hasn't happened before. I was wondering if I'd been migrated to Tiscali (I am on a Tiscali LLU enabled exchange) and this has messed up my settings somehow. No idea if this is possible or not but I am getting very fed up with this.

Everything else working fine - including Outlook emails
topfisher
Grafter

Usenet not working?

For text.news.plus.net I unticked This sevrer requires me to log on and that did the trick

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules]
N/A

Usenet not working?

It worked!!!

Thanks yorkstown.

Why did the settings suddenly change then? Just one of the great unanswered questions I suppose...