I've been using reader1 exclusively for a week or so. I've been trying out some of the alt.binaries.sounds groups and I've noticed that, since Thursday 1st July, the occasional message body is missing.
I don't know if this is the same problem as described earlier with overviews.
I tried changing to reader2 but I get the same problem.
I'm using Xnews on Windows. Binary downloads proceed with (apparently) complete multipart files, only to generate errors part-way through when one of the part's bodies is found to be missing.
Yep, I've also had this happen to me in the last few days, although I've also downloaded a lot which has been absolutely fine. I was quite lucky with some of the stuff in that I could use PAR2 files to reconstruct the file, but in some cases I couldn't do that and had to miss out on the files.