cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet goes TU again

hneil
Grafter

Usenet goes TU again

Not only that but the restrictions placed, by PN, on access to the readers, now means that these technical faults cannot be discussed on Usenet.

Nice bit of gagging, PN

(sorry to all those who are happy with forums but it may be you next)

Howard Neil
3 REPLIES
N/A

Usenet goes TU again

what restrictions do you mean?
hneil
Grafter

Usenet goes TU again

what restrictions do you mean?

I was referring to the restrictions placed on users accessing each reader directly. This was brought in about a week ago.

Up till then, when a reader (usually reader 1 or 2) went wrong (usually, at least once a week), it was possible to gain usable access to Usenet by looking at one of the other two readers directly.

Yesterday, I was left with nothing, then messages started appearing and disappearing. The whole of PN Usenet was unusable and I now see that it was readers 1 & 2 yet again.

I have now signed up to another provider for backup Usenet service but, of course, they do not have plusnet.service.customer-feedback. I would prefer to stay with PN but their idea of service seems to be dropping to to the point where it will soon be untenable. I am not the only one who is unhappy, either.
N/A

Usenet goes TU again

I see what you mean, I have always used usenet.plus.net or news.plus.net to connect. The service status has eventually gone amber this morning and we are told 01 and 02 have been pulled out but I am getting more time-outs and expired posts than ever!

I am fed up raising tickets to get dumb replies, it's time they got someone in who knows how to fix it ;-)