cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet Use

N/A

Usenet Use

Ok-have changed the news server address bak to usenet.plus.net-have refreshed the group list. I use Agent 1.91 on Win2K (with SP4).

Binaries posts (my main area of interest) are about 99% complete-have not noticed an increased in speed-have not checked retention.

1 problem: ABSU (Alt Binaries Sounds Utilities) is consistently empty, although it appears in the refreshed list, which would suggest that there is no feed to it.

Otherwise, it did take some time, but PN eventually got there. Thanks to the team.

===
Bruno
2 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

Usenet Use

Hi Bruno,

Thanks very much, the platform is looking good in terms of completion and retantion should be around 7 days (binaries) and 180 days (text) over time.

If you are seeing empty groups that are definately receiving posts on other news servers then raise a ticket with details and we will ensure that the group is accepting articles correctly.

Regards,
Ianwild
Grafter

Usenet Use

Hi,

According to OE, alt.binaries.sounds.utilities has 20,586 posts in it, with the latest one from today at 11:09... Headers of a random post here:

Path: ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net!ptn-nntp-spool01.plus.net!nntp-peering.plus.net!ptn-nntp-feeder01.plus.net!peer-uk.news.demon.net!kibo.news.demon.net!demon!proxad.net!npeer.de.kpn-eurorings.net!news.cambrium.nl!news.cambrium.nl!news2.euro.net!66.150.105.141.MISMATCH!newsfeed-east.nntpserver.com!nntpserver.com!news3.optonline.net!newsfeed3.easynews.com!easynews.com!easynews!easynews-local!news.easynews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
Sender: Yenc-Poster@power-post.org
Newsgroups: alt.binaries.sounds.utilities
Subject: (Thanks for Jammer5 - CAN ANYONE POST JAMMMER LIVE? - Sorry for the delay Here the rest = ) [16/71] - "Cakewalk Home Studio XL 2004 CD2.part05.rar" yEnc (09/16)
X-Newsposter: YENC-POWER-POST Build 3 (Modified POWER-POST www.CosmicWolf.com)
Lines: 5083
Message-ID: <0TpIc.19474392$Id.3218012@news.easynews.com>
X-Complaints-To: abuse@easynews.com
Organization: EasyNews, UseNet made Easy!
X-Complaints-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly.
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 06:05:48 GMT
Xref: ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net alt.binaries.sounds.utilities:240225

I have been using beta for ages with my copy of Agent, so unfortunatly I can't try and recreate the problem you are seeing using agent.

Regards,

Ian