cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet Speeds Through the roof

N/A

At last.

My Usenext account is zooming at full throttle :lol: . For how long is anyones guess.

Has something changed?
15 REPLIES
N/A

Mine too - and I'm downloading from external servers.

I'm hoping this isn't because they've already brought in the 15Gb allowance without announcing it, and then, when it's gone in a week or so *all* my Usenet downloads drop to a low speed. I download about 50Gb a month (90% of it off-peak) and was hoping that the 15Gb allowance would be for PlusNet's own servers as originally stated so that I can decide whether I want to download a file quickly (via the PlusNet server) or at a slower rate from a 'paid for' external server off-peak, and keep my 15Gb of PlusNet allowance for top-speed use when I need it.

Could a member of Plunet staff possibly confirm what's happening please?
N/A

wow just tried it and I'm downloading at 230kb/s, its usually about 10kb/s at this time of the evening.
N/A

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell them they might stop it [mines at 210 right now ] :lol: :shock:

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Accidental duplicate post removed]
mapletree
Grafter

Usenet speed

Lucky you. Mine's not working at all. :?
N/A

Downloading some headers at 10KB/s now, back to normal.
Philbert
Grafter

10KB/s?!
That's pathetic!
I'm downloading headers from my ext. usenet server on my premier account right now and it's up to... let's see... an average of 15.5KB/s right now!
That's 50% more whoosh than you nya nya nya!
Only 220KB/s slower than it should be.

Oops, update: it's now averaging 16.5Kb/s!.... no it isn't... it's 13.5.... 12.3... I can't look...
N/A

its fine here, 230avg
N/A

Hi

Speeds on plusnets own servers are better then external usnet servers, but they dont have the retention factor,

Certainly from the 2 dif accounts i have 1 with plusnet premier and 1 with a diff isp on 2 lines i have in the house, the non plusnet account maxs my connection out 24/7, the plusnet net account can max out on off peaktimes but between 16:00 and midnight the speeds are very slow most times 40k-50k .

thxs
N/A

I've solved the problem of slow speeds on usenet (internal or external) I migrate out on the 3rd.
Philbert
Grafter

Thought I'd dupe this over here from the feedback forum...

Soooo, on the 3rd November PlusNet finally send out emails acknowledging their Usenet capping/throttling/screwing down/deprivation exercise, and admitting it isn't going down too well.

So they raise it from 'Bronze' (like a 1p or 2p service - whoooo) to 'Silver' (like, up to 50p), reserving Goooold for quids-in Web and Email based services (i.e. the £££ service is for the things that hardly use any bandwidth and before you can get up to 250Kb/sec it's already arrived)... That is, however, only for the first 15Gb of usenet downloads...

Ok, I thinks, I rarely get that high anyway.

So I downloads loads of headers and find some stuff worth downloading (usually stuff I can't buy anywhere), and alllll's well, until I get to a total of 9.5Gb total downloads (i.e. for everything: web, email, and usenet, according to my AnalogX 'Netstat Live' program) for the calender month (so presumably not including the 3 post-subscription & usenet-capped days from last month when not that much happened) and now all I can consistently get is a measly average of 32Kb/sec: and that's at night from 3am onwards.

Ok, that's about 3x better than it was last month, when at times all I could get was 12Kb/sec, but it ain't what I joined up for.

Disappointing.

So does this count as acceptable customer feedback?
N/A

Actually if you read this you may see that things are "on the move".
N/A

Mines on fire too at 228k sec Smiley
N/A

I've solved the problem of slow speeds on usenet (internal or external) I migrate out on the 3rd.
LMAO i think this is the best thing anyone can do now with plus net,... its getting worse every month what the hell will they cap next month.... :!: :!: :!:
N/A

Well eclipse went down hill and so many people said come to plusnet its good, so here I am.

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP. speed yesterday went up to a blistering 239Kbs and today as we speak its not evan 30K

So which ISP nextHuhHuhHuhHuh?Huh