cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet 'Speed reset'/New Profile Query

N/A

Please will someone help me out?

I was under the impression from the various posts on the forum that, on my next billing date after 7th December I would be moved onto a new profile whereupon I would get 20Gb of Peak-time Usenet/P2P/FTP usage at top speed etc.

My new billing cycle started on 29th December and I've been away for a few days and come back to find that my Usenet speeds are still only 30KBs. Presuming, as I have seen in other posts, something had gone wrong with the moving of my account to the new profile I contacted Customer Support, who stated that the Usenet resets are done on a calendar month and not a billing month. Is this right? I thought part of the idea of the new Profile was that it ran on your billing cycle.....

They also say that I will not get my 'proper' speeds until Tuesday at the earliest - a minimum of 6 days after my billing date!!!
4 REPLIES
N/A

The information you have been given by the CSC is incorrect - the allowances apply to your billing month. At present, it can take up to 2 days from your billing date before the new allowances are applied.

Tim
N/A

Thanks Tim, I replied to CS and explained the situation, and have now been told -
"The shifting of users to the new management system is currently being done manually so we can monitor the process. As such, this is not, as you have noticed, being done instantly on the start of the new billing period and accounts are being switched over in batches. This is a temporary measure and an automated system will be implemented in the near future to speed up the process every month."

That's all very well, but I'm currently downloading from Usenet at 2.7KBs and will be unable to download at 'normal' speeds until 'Tuesday at the earliest' despite having paid the months fee 6 days previously. Not exactly what I'd call good customer service.......
N/A

it should be quicker than that. mine went through after 36hrs
Sproglet
Grafter

This is an ongoing "problem" according to CS. They also stated that there are under 5% of all users affected hence service status showing green.

The management is rediculous. (not just the network management IMHO).