Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet Server Broke Again - FAO PlusNet Annoyed Customer

N/A

Hi,

The news server is up the creek without a paddle, YET AGAIN

When is this problem going to be resolved.

Headers exist on the server cluster but the respective/associated bodys do not. This is really irritating ESPECIALLY on brand new posts made in the last couple of hours or so.

PLUSNET PULL YOUR FINGER OUT AND GET IT SORTED OR YOU WILL LOSE CUSTOMER(S)

OK?

Thanks !

Smiley
6 REPLIES
N/A

I have opened Ticket 14348642 for this fault. Plusnet please investigate and resolve as a matter of priority, thanks.
csogilvie
Grafter

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Original post edited by both myself and eurotrain4 to remove All-Capitals titles, and swearing. Red Moderator note removed twice.]
N/A

What a sad, pretentious, obnoxious "I am bigger and therefore better than you" toad you are csogilvie. Do get a grip of yourself and do something *useful* instead of filling threads directed to plusnet with the rubbishthat you have posted above.

You post serves *nobody* any help with regard to the matter that the thread concerns and I have a good mind to register my dissatisfaction of your moderation abilities (ie interfering without due cause or neccessity) to plusnet.

Plonker.
N/A

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Original post edited by both myself and eurotrain4 to remove All-Capitals titles, and swearing. Red Moderator note removed twice.]

Not surprising really when customers are paying for a service that is not working for an unacceptable amount of time... Whilst I cannot fault the ASDL connection, I am really not happy about the frequency with which the the newsgroups fail.

You can kill 2 tickets with 1 fix here (ticket 14338156)

Cheers

[Moderators note by Thomas (kuglin): Quote tags fixed for you.]
Community Veteran

Thread locked, pending response from Dave Tomlinson...

Thomas
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

First of all regarding the Usenet issue, this was reported to our on-call engineer earlier this evening for investigation as internal problem 20796.
The bodies are still coming through they are just taking a little longer than the headers and so appear to be missing. Leave it a little while and they will be there.

Secondly, the moderators of these forums are here to ensure that the rules are adhered to for the benefit of all our customers. They are not paid by PlusNet and do so in their own free time. The rules are there for a reason and I do not see that Colin has gone outside of the rules set down. If you feel this isn't the case please feel to contact me via PM or email (dtomlinson@plus.net). I should also note that I do not appreciate personal attacks against the members or moderators of this forum, I can certainly understand your frustration at the issue with Usenet and hope that it was just a heat of the moment thing and that in the cold light of day you'll realise that you shouldn't have typed what you did.