cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet Login

Highlighted
N/A

Usenet Login

Can our usenet accounts be used from other locations, other than where our PlusNet connection is?
7 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Usenet Login

Can our usenet accounts be used from other locations, other than where our PlusNet connection is?

Yes, just use your PN userid and password to login to the server.

I should add that I think this only works for "paid" accounts ie. not free PAYG dial-up accounts.
N/A

Usenet Login

Seems like I can't :?

Using my username as 'gillard' and a password of our standard password I just get a nice
A News (NNTP) error occurred: ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net: Access denied to your node - newsmaster@plus.net

error when trying to log in to Usenet from my room in my university halls of residence (not a PlusNet connection, of course, but the account is still active and being paid for at home)... Sad
N/A

Usenet Login

Hmmm, looks like it's also restricted by account type.

I use my Business Premier User ID and have no problems but have just tried with a Residential account (ADSL Home Self-Install Annual Contract) and get the same access denied error.
N/A

Usenet Login

I got the same error... which is why I was asking... Sad
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Usenet Login

Most accounts don't have external access to Usenet, this isn't a standard feature and should only be on accounts we provided to BT Broadband users.
N/A

Usenet Login

Does that mean each usenet account is liked to its corressponding plusnet account?

Because I have 2 plusnet accounts at two different locations... can the usenet account for location 1 be used at location 2?
JonathanW
Grafter

Usenet Login

As there aren't any set usenet accounts, other than the ones that come with authentication for access from outside of our network. Other than that, you can access the usenet server from any PlusNet connection, though any traffic will count towards the usenet usage level for that connection.