cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet Limit Increase - A Damage Limitation Excercise ?

N/A

It is more than obvious from the posts on here that the 15 gb usenet "cap" is causing a lot of ill feeling amongst the "1%" of Plusnet customers.

I would imagine that of the cap were raised to, say, 40gb per month, that a lot of the customers who are going to leave might decide to stay. I admit that I would. ( I never use 40gb per month but I would still consider that a more sensible figure).

Come on Plusnet, if it is "only a minority of custoers" who use Usenet to a considerable degree, surely increasing the 15gb "cap" wouldn't have that much of a detrimental effect on the service for everyone ?

I look forward to hearing Plusnet's views on this...

:?:
4 REPLIES
N/A

it does work after 15gig ya know Wink. Just really really slowly.

They are lookin into improving it a tad after 15gig though.
Community Veteran

@marklid

That would not protect the network during peak times at all, and as such would imo not be the way to go!

Take a look here please:-Link
N/A

Fair point - I know for a fact that I would be prepared to (actually, I in fact do) schedule my downloads for off peak times.

Why not one threshold for peak and another for off peak - as in the current SUP ?
(as what was said in the link above) ?

I really think Plusnet would prevent a considerable amount of outbound migrations if they took this type of approach.
N/A

Take a look here please:-Link

OK I have just had a rather more detailed look through the link suggested by "seventhstar" and it really does make logical sense - a reasonable compromise for both the provider and customer - it seems to address all the concerns raised by Plusnet staff in recent days.

Would the Plusnet staff care to comment ?

:?: