Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usenet Completion

Pathfinder
Grafter

Usenet Completion

Hi

Just checked the service status for usenet and it states:

Reader04 will remain out of service while it catches up with the other readers, however we expect it to be returned to service tomorrow.

So does that mean that the other servers that are active should be OK because I just hit a group and it's completion rate was 46% which is no better than the groups have been for the last couple of months?

Maybe I'm connecting to a duff server, are there various (binary serving) servers I could try?
7 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Usenet Completion

The other servers should all have pretty good completion, though it does depend on how old the posts are that you're trying to download, as retention is generally around the three days mark.
Pathfinder
Grafter

Usenet Completion

I'm downloading posts from over the last 24 hours, another group is showing 49% completion. Are there alternative connections?
JonathanW
Grafter

Usenet Completion

Only the news.plus.net or usenet.plus.net server carries binaries, and these are both the same server.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Usenet Completion

text.usenet.plus.net has been playing up for several weeks Sad (fine one minute, slow as heck the next, to not working at all 5 minutes later ... and there's unfortunately, no pattern to it)
Pathfinder
Grafter

Usenet Completion

Well I dont know then, I have been seeing terrible completion rates for the last couple of months. I had been hanging on waiting for the announcment due tomorrow but it seems that isn't going to solve what I am seeing.

Connection to and downloading headers from has never been a problem.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Usenet Completion

Rofl, tis gremlins I tell ya, gremlins!

Pathfinder
Grafter

Usenet Completion

Now the 4th server has been put back into action completion has shot back up again so it seems that that was causing a problem with the others.