Usenet - Borked again!

Headers but no bodies Sad

@21:51
43 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Usenet - Borked again!

Seems OK here on all 4 readers, have you got an example post?
N/A

Usenet - Borked again!

Sorry Dave, I jumped the gun ;-)
Gravity is showing headers but nothing is viewing, all is ok on Mrs M's system!

Will investigate.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Usenet - Borked again!

Hey no worries, always find it handy to have Outlook Express on standby to test things like this.
Pathfinder
Grafter

Usenet - Borked again!

Nope, Completion is rubbish again. I had a day where all was OK when server 4 was put back online now example three groups: first one 46% second 10%, third 21%!

Up until November last year usenet had been very good but since then it has been pants. Nothing has changed at my end and as I say for one day when server 4 was put back online completion was back to 95%, 97%, 98% etc...

Something is wrong.
N/A

Usenet - Borked again!

completeion has been ok here. seems to be about
98% day 1.
around 90+ day 2.
from about 3~3.8 days files are usually 2 badly distorted to be recovered.

I amnt hugely first as whateva i download is always day1 anyway. if not its a repost. but it would be nice to imporve those stats
N/A

Usenet - Borked again!

I was talking about text here, I do not use Binaries these days ;-)
Pathfinder
Grafter

Usenet - Borked again!

I'm talking about the binarries and the completion rate makes them unusable, maybe that's the intention?

Just checked a group I had checked this morning and its showing 40%!
Pathfinder
Grafter

Usenet - Borked again!

Will there be any plusnet repsonse to this ongoing problem?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Usenet - Borked again!

Hi,

I've had a look at a few groups, certainly something yesterday evening and overnight causing incompletes, but posts from 7am onwards seemed to look OK. Will flag it up to the network guys to have a look into, but it seems OK at the moment. Let me know if they start showing incomplete later tonight.
Pathfinder
Grafter

Usenet - Borked again!

Hi Dave

Just seen your reply, its 7.55 am on Monday morning.

Binary groups this morning are showing, for example, 35%, 46%, 25% etc... something is not working properly. I check the groups most days so Im not trying to download week old headers.

I have no problem connecting and speed seems fine. As I said earlier, when server 4 was put back online completion was in the high 90's for about a day. I have seen the service gradually detriorate over the last couple of months.

Cheers
JonathanW
Grafter

Usenet - Borked again!

Is this for all of the groups that you've tried, or is it just for one or two of them?
Pathfinder
Grafter

Usenet - Borked again!

The percentages are for groups that I have checked regulary.

For example:

Just downloaded the last (latest) 60,000 headers for alt.binaries.hdtv and that is showing 13% completion.

Just downloaded the last (latest) 40,000 headers for alt.binaries.documentaries is showing 46% completion.

cheers.
Pathfinder
Grafter

Usenet - Borked again!

Just to add more information. I have spoken with a work mate who also uses plus net at home and the usenet service. He is seeing the same low completion rates as well.
JonathanW
Grafter

Usenet - Borked again!

Thanks for that. I'm looking into it at the moment, but as I don't normally download headers it's going to take me a little while to varify what's happening.