cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless data rate

N/A

Useless data rate

I've just been informed that I'm on "Light restrictions" due to my usage so far this month.

Well, my NNTP traffic rate during peak hours has gone from a trickle to absolutely nothing.

I'm glad to see traffic shaping is working well. :roll:

Note that this isn't new, NNTP during peak hours has been virtually useless for at least a year. It's just that when the email came through and told me I would be limited to 256kbps I thought "Great, that won't make one iota of difference". How wrong I was.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Useless data rate

bttt
N/A

Useless data rate

No one from Plusnet want to give an answer/explanation?
Community Veteran

Useless data rate

This is a customer support community, not an offical communication channel to PlusNet.

If you have a direct question that you wish to ask PlusNet then you should raise a ticket;
http://www.plus.net/wizard/index.html

Which package are you on, `Plus` by and chance?

Chilly
10crawford
Grafter

Useless data rate

Chilly

You often get more success by raising an issue on these forums than raising a ticket.

I think it sensible to raise a ticket and also raise the issue here.
N/A

Useless data rate

This is a customer support community, not an offical communication channel to PlusNet.

If you look at my "Joined" date on the left you may realise that I've been around long enough to know what is what :roll:

If you have a direct question that you wish to ask PlusNet then you should raise a ticket

I've tried the automated phone cr4p before and got nowhere. I've tried the ticket wizard and it never has the right options, and almost feels condescending as it implies that most problems are my fault or at my end. (The current phone and/or ticket system may have been improved recently, but I'd rather go this way...)

I have found that it is quicker to post here. It also means that problems can't be ignored quite so easily when they are posted in public.

Which package are you on, `Plus` by and chance?

No, Premier Option 1

Anyone from Plusnet got a response yet?